Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trotty!
he has been quite brilliant in all forms of cricket all winter - I think hes great. Surely he will experience a dip in form at some stage and he must surely be in need of a much-earned rest
He looked totally exhausted at the end of his innings yesterday. Great though it would be to have him back playing for us at the start of the season, I'm sure he will be given a good rest until the international season begins.
I think they are being given a months rest then will play a few games for us.
(27-03-2011, 05:21 PM)Kim Wrote: Trott - 5 scores over 50 in 7 WC innings. Rest of them 8 scores over 50 in 59 innings between them.

As Mike Atherton said yesterday he single-handedly kept them in the competition. Willis had to have a go again. I saw a brilliant t-shirt being sold by bodylinetshirts.com which I'm going to buy: Keep Calm and Trott on (in the style of the England expects posters that are everywhere at the moment). Just about sums it up really. I am disappointed that we didn't get to the semi finals but give me the Ashes any day. That's what counts.
That's the problem in England IMO, you cant keep on living for the next ashes, if you want to dominate cricket that's not how it works.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Better to have something worthwhile to concentrate on than 399,999,999 meaningless ODI's that are of no interest to anyone except illegal bookmakers!
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

We played as many tests as England last year.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Andy Flower says it all about Trott: "I think he's batted outstandingly well and been a really solid anchor around which we could have performed. I think he's been superb. It's the men around him who haven't delivered."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Jane
Good old Andy.

"It is time to tell Jonathan Trott to forget his detractors comments" says Stephen Brenckley, pobably his biggest detractor, in the Independent today. Two faced (and multi-chinned) git.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
About time well done Andy Flower.
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
Atherton made a very good point about Trott.

If your slowest batsman has a SR of 81, like Trott, the you should really make some good scores.
This talk about SRs is a bit of a nonsense anyway. If somebody scores 120 runs in the competition with a SR of 90 is he more valuable to the team the a player who gets 400 with a SR of 81.
Re Tott - if everyone batted at his pace for 50 overs we would get 243.

Our scores in the last 4 games were 243, 171, 225 and 229.

Im sure that says something.
and that doesnt include extras so we should be up to at least 260. Anyway a lot of the time Trott's pace was forced on him by the loss of wickets. His SR against the windies was a lot better that 100
Don't Wisden have prestigious Player of The Year award?

Surely Trotty will win that!!

================================

Doesn't the Playfair annual have the best Player on the cover?

Surely Trotty will be on there!!
Wisden has its Five Cricketers of the Year. I agree that Trotty must be a hot favourite for the 2011 edition to be published next month.
I hope so.
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
He should be all 5 cricketers of the year.
Swann on front cover of Playfair cricket yearbook!!!!!!

I assume editor of Wisden (Scyld Berry??) decided on five criketers of the year.

If Trotty is not in that then it waould be crazy!!!!
Congratulations on been one of the four Wisden cricketers of the year.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/wisdenalmana...09946.html

The fifth person selected has had the honour withdrawn while he is facing criminal charges for match fixing.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri