Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trotty!
You couldnt defend 327 against Ireland and that says it all, you also dropped O'brien.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

and the player that in the 79 final used up about 40 overs in making a 50. 57 from 105 balls lol. Mind you not quite in Gavascar's class 37 in 174 balls in 1975
(03-03-2011, 05:11 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Of course it was Bell and Trott's fault we lost. If they had scored faster Anderson, Broad et al would have bowled better. Obvious really......................to any tv comentator and journalist.

Wasn't Boycott the player Botham was INSTRUCTED to deliberately run out because of his slow scoring?

:thumbup: Exactly. And he went off crying "What have you done, what have you done?".

Mind you it happened to me once - deliberately run out - and I wasnt very pleased. Angry
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
mind you as (sir) Geoffrey says it is a different game now.

and to a certain extent this is true.
(03-03-2011, 06:44 PM)andrew Wrote: mind you as (sir) Geoffrey says it is a different game now.

and to a certain extent this is true.

To all extent its true. To be fair if England had of won that game all the attention would be on how Trott has become the equal fastest player to reach 1000 odi runs. So the bowlers ruined that for him.

Perhaps we should try playing five, yes FIVE, proper bowlers, rather than rely on 'Pie chuckers' like Yardy and Colingwood.

Also, if why play Broad who had been in bed for 3 days with an intestinal problem, had lost over 10 pounds in wieght and needed more time to regain his strength.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

Desperation perhaps TB :001_rolleyes:
ALWAYS A BEAR
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/...415593.stm

:cursing:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricke...tournament

Trott and Bell have higher strike-rates than Sangakkara, Misbah and even Shane Watson, Amla,

Rubbish article.
We conceded 228 runs from 24 overs.

We conceded the 14th highest second innings score in the 3,114 ODIS played so far.

We have dropped 12 catches in three games.

These are the issues. End of.

:thumbdown:
They are of course the issues.

But what are the answers??

Sack Andy Flower?
Play more 40/50 over cricket and less 20/20?
Play the county game over 50 and not 40 overs a side?
Don't have such a wretched post ashes itinerrary?
Drop Jimmy Anderson fron ODIs (he does go round the park a bit doesn't he)?

IF IN DOUBT BLAME GOOD OLD COUNTY CRICKET!!!!! FOR ANY NUMBER OF REASONS!!!!

The answer is just to bowl and field better.
yes i agree 100%!!!!!

but why is it so poor????
I think they are just plain tired. Put all their effort this winter into the ashes and not paid enough attention to the world cup.
excuse, tell them to look at India's recent schedule, we're not blaming it on fatigue.

Yes, but the Indian side are used to playing 400 ODI's per year!
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

(05-03-2011, 09:42 PM)Paul Wrote: I think they are just plain tired. Put all their effort this winter into the ashes and not paid enough attention to the world cup.

Tirdeness is part of it - though if they hadnt palyed any ODIs after the ashes we'd hve all said its ridiculous going to the Wcup after not palying an ODI since Sept 2010. Theyve also been together too long and must be sick of the sight of each other.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kim's post:
Paul
(05-03-2011, 09:44 PM)ddb Wrote: excuse, tell them to look at India's recent schedule, we're not blaming it on fatigue.

Yes you played a 3 match test series against South Africa and you have used more players. Hardly the same as a 5 match ashes series followed by a 7 match one days series - a couple of weeks off then straight off to asia for the world cup. Don't forget you are playing at home as well.
(05-03-2011, 11:25 PM)Paul Wrote:
(05-03-2011, 09:44 PM)ddb Wrote: excuse, tell them to look at India's recent schedule, we're not blaming it on fatigue.

Yes you played a 3 match test series against South Africa and you have used more players. Hardly the same as a 5 match ashes series followed by a 7 match one days series - a couple of weeks off then straight off to asia for the world cup. Don't forget you are playing at home as well.

It's more than that. We rotate yes but Australia in October, NZ in November, South Africa in December, 8 tests there, plus 13 ODI's(ok 2 rained) all since October. But nah you guys have played nothing in October then 5 tests and 7 ODI's, mentally that is a lot I'd admit but some of your bowlers did not even play most of the ODI series. Yet that's not where India's problems lie and neither do England's tbh, you can attribute a bit of the blame yes but it's hardly a major factor.

Well it doesnt matter now we beat South Africa.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
ddb
Nick Knight and Bob Willis not too complimentary about Trott's innings. Willis "Is it a match losing innings"

We shall see but I think they miss the point that without that partnership with Trott and Morgan England might have been looking at a score 1o 150/180. Anyway the average first innings score there is 210. The highest score chased down is 222. So I think England should still win.