Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trotty!
Currently IJL trott has:

the second highest test average of all time

the second highest average ODI average of all time among test nations

the second highest t20 average of all who have played more than 50 t20 games (dodgy stat alert goes off loudly).

And Nick Knightnurse** said Trott wasnt ready for international cricket

**well he does have that effect on me when he commentates
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
(03-02-2011, 08:53 PM)Kim Wrote: Currently IJL trott has:

the second highest test average of all time

the second highest average ODI average of all time among test nations

the second highest t20 average of all who have played more than 50 t20 games (dodgy stat alert goes off loudly).

And Nick Knightnurse** said Trott wasnt ready for international cricket

**well he does have that effect on me when he commentates

We're all agreed then - Trotty is a god amongst mere mortals!!!! I know I'm totally biased but I propose a campaign to call at least part of the new build, the Trotty Tower.

[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Jane
Its great fantastic and lets enjoy it and long may it last but lets not forget Nick has 30 list a hundreds and Trotty has a little way to go to catch that.
Many congratulations on becoming the faster player who cant play one day cricket to 1000 runs
Great to be level with the great Viv Richards and also KP.
I agree. Bell also looked good again today. But Boyd Rankin doesn't impress me.
Yes Bell played well. Boyd not very good
You wonder how Trott would do if he played in India all the time.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Geoff Boycott on radio today partley blamed Trotty & Belly for our loss as they scored too slowly at the end of their innings!!

Would this be the same Geoffrey Boycott who, along with Mike Brearley, dawdled along at about 50 runs per 100 balls in the 1979 World Cup Final and, in effect, batted England out of the game?
http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorec...39336.html
My sentiments exactly (he should know better)
T20 Fantasy League Champion 2010
Im starting to find most commentators absurd. If there was a problem with the batting yesterday(and there really wasnt) it was the poor use of the last 5 overs by experienced players like Collingwood and Prior. The TV guys who go on about equivalent score also annoy me - what dfference does it make in an entirely different innings and scenario if Ireland have a few more runs or less after 40 overs? Bumble telling me when 21 are needed off 3 that the rr is 7 an over doesnt add to the sum of the worlds knowledge either. And how many times do they need to say that the run rate can go up quickly with a few dot balls at the end?

Im still angry that when Trott was on 62 (999 ODI runs) and Im having the shakes up here in Oswestry, none of the Sky team had a single clue that an English player was about to equal a pretty impressive world record. I thought the bloody great screen in the ground that Sky showed just before saying Trott was on 997 ODI runs might have alerted them. Oh well.
I agree, when reading through some forums and people are argueing that Bell and Trott were the problem for not soring quickly enough I feel like giving up. Like you said the problem wasn't the runs its the fact we were unable to defend a very high score agsint Ireland who set a world record run chase. If that wasn't a clue to where the problem lies then i dont know what is.
Yes - "World Record run chase" is a hint, isnt it?

Mind you all me and you talked about yesterday was getting Cook and Bopara in. :001_wub:
Yes true but I think we are lacking hitters down the order and I thought it was starnge to leave out our top scorer in the ashes, but we all know where the problem lies in this tournament. Holland score their best ever score, so do Ireland. This is the Holland side that were blown away by the windies and sa, and Ireland failed to chase 200 or so against Bangladesh.

Get the bowling and fielding right we have a chance. But continue to perform like this we may not even qualify for the quarters.
I dont fancy a must win game v WIndies who are inconsistent - but have the talent to explode on any given day
We'll probably beat South Africa tbf. Thats the type of unpredictable side we are.
"And talking of such format switches, there's also the peculiar case of Jonathan Trott to consider. His Test-match temperament allowed him to slip into exalted company during his 92 against the Irish, as he joined Viv Richards and Kevin Pietersen in reaching 1000 ODI runs in a record 21 innings. However, more speed, less haste is the rule by which one-day batsmen have these days to adher, and for a batsman as naturally reactive as Trott, his feats of crease occupation are starting to look problematic when there's an agenda that needs to be set. In each of England's last four matches in which they've batted first, he's amassed scores of 84 not out, 102, 137 and 92. England have achieved victory in just one of those contests, at Adelaide, and have failed to defend two scores in excess of 325."

Andrew Miller of Cricinfo

Fot balance to this ludicrous piece of tosh Trott has been out for less than 20, eight times v test nations in ODIs. Taking advantage of the early renoval of the Trott blockage, England have surged on to win 1 (one) of these 8 games.

He scored at a run a ball against Ireland. Lets takes his runs out of the England games and the defeats would have been even more emphatic. Yes he didnt have a strike rate of 200 like O'brien but thats a once in a life time innings. Cant believe tosh that is written. Lets blame defeat everytime on the players that get the highest scores.
Of course it was Bell and Trott's fault we lost. If they had scored faster Anderson, Broad et al would have bowled better. Obvious really......................to any tv comentator and journalist.

Wasn't Boycott the player Botham was INSTRUCTED to deliberately run out because of his slow scoring?
LE - aka John