Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trotty!
Michael Powell might not agree about Trott as ideal next-door- neighbour

http://www.testmatchextra.com/Blogs.aspx...789e37350b
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
I see Ive been mentioned!
....anyway i watched the first session last night, and I find Trott a reassuring presence and I like the fact that his strange ways wind the opposition up - cant understand the lukewarm praise he gets and the occasional doubts about his place in the team (and that includes the one-day team where i think he is excellent)
Agree SS

The media have finally realised he can bat a bit and are now having a pop about his fielding and how amazed they were he pulled off a run out.

Wonder what he has done to upset the press!!!
(04-12-2010, 06:43 PM)andrew Wrote: Agree SS

The media have finally realised he can bat a bit and are now having a pop about his fielding and how amazed they were he pulled off a run out.

Wonder what he has done to upset the press!!!

I think they are still upset that virtually none of them suggested he should be picked in the first place. They mostly used their extensive knowledge of the county game (ie a quick look at the latest averages) to lobby for Ramps.
Another 100 today, makes him one of a very select group to have made 3 hundreds in their first 5 ashes tests.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

(27-12-2010, 06:46 AM)Tall Bear Wrote: Another 100 today, makes him one of a very select group to have made 3 hundreds in their first 5 ashes tests.

Here's any even better stat. If you use the not unreasonable qualification of at least 500 runs as your baseline, as of this morning Jonathan Trott has the highest average against Australia of anyone in the history of test cricket.:thumbup:

One of very few people to have played an Ashes winning innings twice.

There can be no argument that is innings today is a match winning performance.

His current test average is second only to... Bradman.
Just think how much fuss the papers would be making if he played for a 'favored' county!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket...ctive.html
A maginificent innings from Trott. He played the situation absolutely perfectly. Would it be fair to say Kim that he has the mentality of Jack Kallis.
He does put me in mind of Jacques Kallis. All he needs is a new set of hair and he'll be there.
From an much earlier era, Ken Barrington comes to mind as someone who, like JT, had a Test record that was superior to his first-class record. They said that you could see the Union Jack trailing behind him as he came out to bat. It was people like Cowdrey, Dexter and Graveney who got all the praise for their style; but look at the figures and they tell a different story.
Ive said it before - I think hes great - maybe he isnt great to watch, but critical thing is that hes mightily effective
[-] The following 1 user Likes sweatysock's post:
Kim
I'm exhausted - watched every minute of last night's play - great innings by Trotty - and an average in Test cricket now of over 60. Journalists and commentators who last winter were condemning him as being fragile and not fit for England (yes you Sir Ian! ) are now falling over themselves to applaud him.

We should be very proud of him at Warwickshire.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and wishing you a prosperous and healthy New Year.
And Robert Craddock in Perth Now wishes for an Australian Trott:

‘Jonathan Trott does not make pulses race or people rise from their seat – but you just have to love his ticker. How soothing it must be for England’s top order to have this four-square fighter emerged, gloves raised, at the fall of the first wicket. Bell always looks prettier and Pietersen more dangerous but Trott is a bigger wicket than any of them. Australia needs a J Trott. Slow and steady does some time win the race. Australia knew exactly how he played before he arrived here – dragging almost everything to the leg side – but still he has been harder to remove than a red wine splash on a white table cloth.’

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kim's post:
stingray
"At the crease, he is the batting equivalent of the fellow at a party who no one recognises, who stays in the kitchen on his own but is last to leave, having had a great time" - Mike Selvey on Trott.

Jonathan Trott (100.83) is now one of just two players to average over 100 with the bat in Ashes Tests. The other? Australia's Albert Trott (102.50) who the Trotts claim is a relative.

Mike Selvey copied that.
http://twitpic.com/3kpr4b
(29-12-2010, 11:48 AM)Kim Wrote: http://twitpic.com/3kpr4b

Oh bless! One for the scrapbook. I bet Abi can't believe she's out there watching him get man of the match!