Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trotty!
I saw that Terry and although they mentioned Strauss, Trott didnt even merit a mention.... I don't really understand why noone ever questions Collingwoods place.
(12-09-2010, 06:37 PM)Terry Wrote: Amusing that on Sky today, a "selection panel" of Alec Stewart, Derek Pringle and Darren Gough, chaired by Mike Atherton, picked a squad to go to the World Cup. They decided to leave out both Trott and Strauss. Meanwhile, on the pitch and back in the real world .....

Also annoying that when he gets his 5th ODI 50 in a row, in his 8th game, noone mentions this feat and all Gower has to say is "he's done quite well in his 4 ODIs so far"

Knight never stops moaning about Trott either.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Trotts odi average is 70 and list A average 47, no-one else can get even close to that.
(12-09-2010, 06:46 PM)Paul Wrote: Trotts odi average is 70 and list A average 47, no-one else can get even close to that.

Knight certainly cant.
Give Credit where its due, they also wanted Mahmood and Freddie. :D
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(12-09-2010, 06:37 PM)Terry Wrote: Amusing that on Sky today, a "selection panel" of Alec Stewart, Derek Pringle and Darren Gough, chaired by Mike Atherton, picked a squad to go to the World Cup. They decided to leave out both Trott and Strauss. Meanwhile, on the pitch and back in the real world .....

Yeah I see that to, what on earth was they on about? Our best Batsmen of the Summer and he is nowhere near their side. I always thought Gough was a plonker and he confirmed that today, some of his selections were erm pathetic lol. I mean he wants Flintoff in our WC Squad even though he's no fit and never likely to be and he hasn't played any Cricket since the King was on the throne.
How can Gough make an argument for Flintoff and then say he would only need to bowl 5 overs - that would mean we would have to pick an extra bowler to cover for him. Pringle really annoys me...
(12-09-2010, 06:54 PM)ddb Wrote: Give Credit where its due, they also wanted Mahmood and Freddie. :D

Oh yeah Mahmood was another, good lord that was funny.
(12-09-2010, 06:54 PM)Kim Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 06:46 PM)Paul Wrote: Trotts odi average is 70 and list A average 47, no-one else can get even close to that.

Knight certainly cant.

Yes I know Kim but I cant anything about him because hes one of the best players we've had.
Although noone mentioned it on TV/in the press I think Trott'sfifth one 50 in a row equals the all time English record held jointly with Boycott, Stewart and Gooch.

By the way Pringle got over the embarrassment of Trott getting another 50 just after he'd excluded him from his WC squad by wrtiing a report on yesterdays game without mentioning Jonathan once. Brilliant.
(12-09-2010, 06:39 PM)Paul Wrote: I saw that Terry and although they mentioned Strauss, Trott didnt even merit a mention.... I don't really understand why noone ever questions Collingwoods place.

I'm absolutely with you on this one Paul - I think Collingwood has been a great player for England but in reality he hasn't done much for a while - he's a bit like Cook - comes up with a big winnings every so often just as even his supporters can't justify his selection anymore. I was incensed by messrs Pringle, Stewart and Gough - England aren't doing too badly with Strauss and Trott at the top are they - so why go for a 20/20 squad playing a 50 over game - they need someone to be there at the end! Utter nonsense.

Thank god Gough isn't on the panel of selectors..his consistent arse licking of figjam is quite revolting!!
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
A slightly off-beat view of JT here:
http://www.cricket365.com/news/story/637...y-Possibly-
Not sure that I would agree that he has an "accent as thick as a wildebeest omelette" but I like the imagery! And the article confirms my view that any anti-Trott feeling has nothing to do with the (to me) imaginary anti-Bears feeling amongst the media.
Anyway, W.G. Grace Ate My Pedalo sounds like one for the Christmas list.
Congratulations to Trotty on becoming yesterday, I think, only the 15th Englishman to scoer 1000 international runs in a season.

Also congratulations to him for his phenomenal commitment to Warwickshire. He looks exhausted to me now and its no wonder.

Apart from the international matches hes played 6 CC games, 8 pro 40 and 12 t20 games for us, his club.

By contrast Morgan, for example, managed a single CC game and 4 t20 games for Middlesex all year.
Hes been fantastic. He looks like he needs a break now though. Morgan is good but I wonder about Colly right now. He did look way out of sorts yesterday.
Although it was a bonus for us to have him in the final on Saturday, I thought it was a mistake for him to be allowed to play in the middle of an intense series as this one has turned out to be. Playing 4 games in 6 days as he will have done if he plays tomorrow is just daft. If, as suggested, it was part of a deal with Sky that England players should be released for the final, it's the thin end of a thick wedge that ends up with Sky picking teams for televised games based on who will boost the viewing figures.
I have to say also that, whilst I understand the provocation, JT attacking one of the Pakistani players during practice was not really excusable. Imagine the outcry if it had been KP who had done it.
Hi Terry its a point you made before and you have been proved right. JT needs to calm down and concentrate on what hes good at, batting. Forget all the other stuff.....
Yes ............ but England should not have played Monday or tomorrow. Pakisatan are just mentally 'playing' them now both on and off the field.
I agree, Warley - but Uncle Giles just couldn't bear to lose the money.
Not wishing to labour the point - but JT's scores in the last 3 ODIs plus the final for us do tend to confirm that 4 games in 6 days are just too many - though I accept that lots of other factors are involved.