Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trotty!
Like the cricket correspondent in the Independent states that Keiswetter fell to the first ball of the day. Trott hardly got a mention.
LE - aka John
I love how they said Luke Wright getting out first ball was a sacrifice.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(13-07-2010, 02:26 PM)Paul Wrote: Yes true bear I think there is a slight difference. lol

I blamed DD for that. Now I know the truth Angry
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
[-] The following 2 users Like Kim's post:
ddb, Paul
Was your mouth out DB. :D

If you had been there you would have seen it as the beautiful cameo innings it might have been. Full of intent and agression - so nearly driving the innings forward. Even the way he got out was more explosive than Trotts......... indeed for the want of 10mm it may have gone for a six :001_tt2:

Frankly the way Trott is being undervalued is pretty shocking - however if it motivates him to keep producing the goods then I'm sure he will live with it and just smile.
(13-07-2010, 11:03 AM)Kim Wrote: http://www.cricket365.com/dave_tickner_b...than-Trott

Another plonker. Id register and have a go back but I have a full time job protecting Trotty on 24/7 and the Telegraph blog.

"The nagging feeling is that had any other member of the top five - or the injured Ian Bell - made 94, then England would have won the game ". WTF?? Ive got a nagging feeling that if Brain Lara hadnt scored 400 V England, 400 wouldnt be the highest individual test score either.

Since when is 8 an over off 3 a problem? The issue was all the wickets lost. The nagging feeling is 8 an over off 3 it wouldnt have been a porblem if any other member of the team had been 20% as good as Trott.

I like the way he equates his rantings on a website with doing Trottys standing serious damage as well. The only damage here is to the credibilty of the writer himself.

In an ealier blog Mr Thickner wrote "England no longer fear Australia, and the late call-up of Shaun Tait - a bowler with an action so bad he is incapable of bowling more than a two-over spell without doing himself a mischief - suggests panic in the camp".

He knows his stuff, eh?

Kim, you and I need to join forces as Trotty's Angels - forget Charlie! I had a bad case of Trotty rage yesterday at the international - the 'expert' cricket fans - father and sons behind us started slow handclapping Strauss and Trotty because of their 'slow' run rate - at that point 6.3 runs an over. That's what I mean about 20/20 setting the benchmark.

They were also calling for Trotty to get out so that their favourite batsman Luke Wright could come in - who predictably got out playing an atrocious shot - which I heard described by one of the Sky commentators as noble!!!!!! The only Sky commentator who has anything good to say about Trotty is Nasser. Botham on Saturday couldn't understand why he's in the one day side at all. I am going to write to Wisden Cricketer at the weekend - bet they don't print it.
(13-07-2010, 12:19 PM)Kim Wrote: Club should seriously consider producing some shirts/Tshirts in praise of Trott (Im pretty sure we could come up with something appropriate on here between us).

"Mike Selvey, Nick Hoult, Stephen Brenckley, majority of cricket journos..Trotty gave you boys a hell of a beating" would do me. **

Then next time we are on TV we could all wear them as a group as a show of support for our main man.

** A simple "the Jonathan Trott Appreciation Society " would also do.

Kim I love the idea - brilliant - I'd wear one.
[-] The following 2 users Like stingray's post:
ddb, Paul
(13-07-2010, 09:19 PM)stingray Wrote:
(13-07-2010, 11:03 AM)Kim Wrote: http://www.cricket365.com/dave_tickner_b...than-Trott

Another plonker. Id register and have a go back but I have a full time job protecting Trotty on 24/7 and the Telegraph blog.

"The nagging feeling is that had any other member of the top five - or the injured Ian Bell - made 94, then England would have won the game ". WTF?? Ive got a nagging feeling that if Brain Lara hadnt scored 400 V England, 400 wouldnt be the highest individual test score either.

Since when is 8 an over off 3 a problem? The issue was all the wickets lost. The nagging feeling is 8 an over off 3 it wouldnt have been a porblem if any other member of the team had been 20% as good as Trott.

I like the way he equates his rantings on a website with doing Trottys standing serious damage as well. The only damage here is to the credibilty of the writer himself.

In an ealier blog Mr Thickner wrote "England no longer fear Australia, and the late call-up of Shaun Tait - a bowler with an action so bad he is incapable of bowling more than a two-over spell without doing himself a mischief - suggests panic in the camp".

He knows his stuff, eh?

Kim, you and I need to join forces as Trotty's Angels - forget Charlie! I had a bad case of Trotty rage yesterday at the international - the 'expert' cricket fans - father and sons behind us started slow handclapping Strauss and Trotty because of their 'slow' run rate - at that point 6.3 runs an over. That's what I mean about 20/20 setting the benchmark.

They were also calling for Trotty to get out so that their favourite batsman Luke Wright could come in - who predictably got out playing an atrocious shot - which I heard described by one of the Sky commentators as noble!!!!!! The only Sky commentator who has anything good to say about Trotty is Nasser. Botham on Saturday couldn't understand why he's in the one day side at all. I am going to write to Wisden Cricketer at the weekend - bet they don't print it.

Botham probably also cant understand how, in just 6 matches, Jonathan has got the One day hundred he couldnt manage in 116.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kim's post:
stingray
(13-07-2010, 09:50 PM)Kim Wrote:
(13-07-2010, 09:19 PM)stingray Wrote:

He knows his stuff, eh?

Botham probably also cant understand how, in just 6 matches, Jonathan has got the One day hundred he couldnt manage in 116.

I'm going to the Saturday of both the Trent Bridge and Edgbaston England vs Pakistan itest matches. Will have a think about a customised t-shirt/flag!!!!
Talented
Respected
OURS
The Best
True Bear

OK - its a work in progress
(13-07-2010, 10:25 PM)Kim Wrote: Talented
Respected
OURS
The Best
True Bear

OK - its a work in progress

Very good start............
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Kim
Perhaps Trotty should just relax and adopt this type of attitude!
" I love playing for Hampshire"

I wonder how he knows?
What an absolute load of nonsense about Trott, can't believe the almost universal dislike of him amongst the media and pundits. I also couldn't believe Botham the other day said he didn't see him as a one day player at all...after he scored more runs than anyone else in domestic t20 last year, if I'm not mistaken. Also I don't understand how KP can get away with saying he isn't really bothered about his poor run of form, or making a big score, and how he can just brush off who he is playing for next season, as he seems to not care one bit, just as long as they give him plenty of money.

Dom.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
(14-07-2010, 08:37 PM)Bloomy Wrote: Also I don't understand how KP can get away with saying he isn't really bothered about his poor run of form, or making a big score, and how he can just brush off who he is playing for next season, as he seems to not care one bit, just as long as they give him plenty of money.

Dom.

i think you answered your own question there, mate :thumbup1:
While the players were signing autographs at this evening's game, I asked Ashley why he thought the press were so negative about Trotty and he said that he thought some of it was down to the South African thing. I wouldn't disagree but clearly it is more than that since Kieswetter is flavour of the month with much of the press.
Yes it has to be more that that, Kp and Kieswetter have never had that negative press
The London based press were also against Ash and Ian Bell.

There is a definite dislike of Warwickshire players by some of the media.
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

(17-07-2010, 05:46 AM)Tall Bear Wrote: The London based press were also against Ash and Ian Bell.

Sorry but I don't agree. Ashley had an indifferent press because his performances for England were variable as is evidenced by a Test bowling average of 40. When he performed well at the latter end of the 2005 Ashes series, he got massive credit. The Ian Bell criticism was also because of variable performances. Whereas Ashley probably made good use of a talent that was (at the top level) fairly modest, Ian was seen as possessor of a massive talent who often under-performed. That seems to have been put right by his recent performances and, by and large, the critics now purr with delight at his combination of style and effectiveness.
I do agree that Jonathan Trott has had abysmal press coverage overall. But for us to think it's because of the Warwickshire connection is giving ourselves an exaggerated sense of our own importance, a bit like the inhabitants of Kirkcaldy saying that people don't like Gordon Brown because he was brought up there.
(17-07-2010, 10:35 AM)Terry Wrote:
(17-07-2010, 05:46 AM)Tall Bear Wrote: The London based press were also against Ash and Ian Bell.

Sorry but I don't agree. Ashley had an indifferent press because his performances for England were variable as is evidenced by a Test bowling average of 40. When he performed well at the latter end of the 2005 Ashes series, he got massive credit. The Ian Bell criticism was also because of variable performances. Whereas Ashley probably made good use of a talent that was (at the top level) fairly modest, Ian was seen as possessor of a massive talent who often under-performed. That seems to have been put right by his recent performances and, by and large, the critics now purr with delight at his combination of style and effectiveness.
I do agree that Jonathan Trott has had abysmal press coverage overall. But for us to think it's because of the Warwickshire connection is giving ourselves an exaggerated sense of our own importance, a bit like the inhabitants of Kirkcaldy saying that people don't like Gordon Brown because he was brought up there.

I agree but if Trott played for Surrey do you think he would still have had the negative press..
Paul i don't think he would get as much if he was at Surrey, but:

i think there are other factors as well though, people:

Trott is (a) not the most stylish batsman in the 'classical sense' indeed some shots he plays quite regularly are a bit 'ugly'... that is, if you can see runs being added and think they are ugly for not fitting some textbook form (b) has some quirks at the crease which add time to the game and make him seem like the Peter Ebdon of cricket © he's definitely not the best interview or the most ummmm loquacious individual

all of the above make it easy for the likes of (say) Michael Vaughan- stylish classy batsman, something of a 'natural' media operator- to disparage Trott

i certainly do not think he is solely being discriminated against for cricketing reasons.
Eternal Optimist