Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2010 Membership
I've been looking at the categories/pricing for next season.
We always had a joint country membership before this category was withdrawn. Our best value option would now be a season pass, or a classic pass. However, no joint category is available and these are for individuals only.
Presumably, we would then incur a joining fee of £ 30 for EACH of us ie £60.
We will not be rejoining as long as this charge is in place.

My partner was made redundant in August and is now studying at college thanks to our engineering industry going down the pan. Also, as he is 'unavailable for work', he doesn't qualify for any benefits whatsoever. So, no income, but he would still have to pay full whack. I would like to see the introduction of a student category for all ages, not just the under 24s as it once was.
(16-11-2009, 11:17 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: WB I normally agree with you on the things that annoy and in the main I agree with you now. Except... we have all been moaning about penalising late payers saying it would make sense to discount the cost for early payers. A marketing ploy that amounts to the same thing as far as the club is concerned but makes members feel they are getting a good deal by renewing early. As I see it that is what they are doing this year - pay early and get a price freeze. Is this not something football clubs do - renew your season ticket at the end of the season to avoid the price rise.

Having said that - if they have two prices - an early payment one and one for after then they could drop the £30 joining fee.

Forgetting how it affects you personally I would be interested to hear your reasoning as to why you feel the club are wrong.

Thanks Jane :thumbup1: Good question LE . I understand your point. I suppose Perception didn't help -

Renew early and get a discount v's the loyalty card doesn't help. The club don't do too well on the PR front do they :lol:

Anyway it doesn't matter how good the argument is - 1st March it is ............ Mrs Bear will not let me spend money that could be used for paying the Gas bill or Christmas dinner until that date. So I will possibly turn up at the club office on Monday 1st March with £ 150 and see how I get on - or not.............. perhaps it will be a £ 100 season ticket if pushed? :thumbup:

My main thrust is some of the other points on my list though........ I hope they are fair points because I'm not haveing a moan - I'm just hopeful the club will come up with a win - win scenario?

Dooey - good question........... dont know the answer. Perhaps we need boolean algebra tables to solve the problem.......... :001_rolleyes:
Im surprised they didnt make 31 December the cut off date to avoid the loss of income through the VAT change.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Great Point Kim ! £ 3.75 in every full membership. 3500 x £ 3.75 = £ 13,125.00. The argument perhaps being that membership runs from 1st Jan to 31st December. I'm not sure if I would join on 31/12 to save £ 3.75 though....................
You would if the price only remained frozen till 31 December :sneaky2:

Gloucestershire are actually increasing their prices by the £3 after I jan 2010!
WB - Gas Bill or WCCC Membership. You tell Mrs WB to get her priorities right!! To me it's a no-brainer - renew the membership and put an extra jumper on while watching TV.

Seriously I bet if it comes down to you renewing or not on 1st March in a face to face situation you just might pay the discounted rate - certainly worth a push at the time. Just tell 'em you need the extra money to pay the chippy.
LE - aka John
I will get the discounted rate - no worries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the chippy...............
I wonder whose highly trained mind came up with 'loyalty' rate, rather than the more likeable 'early payers discount'? Its only an alteration of a few words, but to me it makes one heck of a difference.
Subtlety - they need it! Marketing training???

Warwickshire Bears - County Champions 2012:thumbup:

Leicester Tigers - THE team:thumbup:
Jack

Nail on head..................... Marketing and PR!
The development wont affect our fixtures, right?
It may do, the original plan was for the building work to go on while the matchs are played. No guesses as to who may have decided that. As the men at the top have only been involved in football, rugby and water-polo previously. Plus there is the health and safety issue of the construction workers will probably need access to the field while doing their job.
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
Pile driving is an activity that could be done between overs and wouldn't mean construction workers walking on the pitch. :crying:
I had my renewal pack today, the over 60s for us, used to be 63 so would have qualified this year, but happy with that.
It was changed to over 60s last year - just as I reached 63 - sod's law I think its called
LE - aka John
I think that is a little unfair Lofty!

At a meeting a while ago we were told that once the work began it would be full steam ahead.There will be a massive sheet covering the building work which will reduce the boundary at the current Pavillion end by a few yards.It was also hoped that when we have a home game,work would start early in the morning,cease during playing hours & then continue for a few after hours afterwards.All of that was of course dependant on our "neighbours".

Think back to watching work going on during play at Headingley,Trent Bridge,Old Trafford & Cardiff when they had televised matches.

Their members seemed to embrace the change,live with it & are now enjoying the benefits.

I hope we manage to do the same! :001_smile:
ALWAYS A BEAR
That maybe so Redditchbear but as we have seen in the past at Edgbaston advance planning is something that doesn't always happen. I was thinking about the fact that the pavillion goes right to the pitch edge and that wil need cementing at some-time so we would lose atleast some of the pitch. As to what happened at the other clubs I haven't a clue as I don't have access to Sky and Yorkshire did the sensible thing the same as Worcestershire by building through the winter.
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
Somerset had televised games while building work went on the builders seemed to spend most of their time retrieving the ball though when Banger was batting.

I e-mailed the club last week re; direct debit query but no reply yet. Obviously stumped them there!
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
(18-11-2009, 09:02 AM)windy Wrote: Somerset had televised games while building work went on the builders seemed to spend most of their time retrieving the ball though when Banger was batting.

I e-mailed the club last week re; direct debit query but no reply yet. Obviously stumped them there!

I am wondering if they actually got any work done. I remember back in the late 70's/early 80s one of the houses overlooking the ground had roof repairs going on, virtually nothing happened during the time the CC match was taking place.
I have just spoken to Gwen who has rejoined today, so now I know 5 people who have renewed. It really is a good deal for over 60s one at £85 one at £50 without a vote. Although I have had 2 £85s just in case we ever need to vote on something really important LOL like Kim for president.
i will keep this brief as i am not in the arguing mood any more as i have had a break from the forum and now im back.
jane that is a super offer for you 60+ group.
i cant see what all the others are moaning about a price freeze if you get your membership before the first of febuary i dont have a problem with that at all, i will get mine on about the 30th of january great value for money just think of all that cricket.
go and buy a footy season ticket see what you get for that just a seat for a game that lasts one and a half hours.
you get no perks what so ever, if any of you have been to the nets day what a great morning that is, i dont see foot ball clubs offering any thing like Warwickshire offer you.
as for the JB's if i remember right didnt some of them get a ticket to the ODI against the west indies too for free or am i wrong about that.
do foot ball clubs give reduced season tickets to minors and i mean cheap, do they throw in any training days for the kids any other tickets that is.
i do believe for a child to get a autograph of any footballer he has to wait out side by a big metal fence i can go on but i wont.
that is what i think of any way
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear