Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2010 Membership
http://www.edgbaston.com/news/wccc/2010Membership/

http://www.edgbaston.com/membership/categories/
Prices frozen if you renew before Feb 1st, thats good for me as i usually do it in January.
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
Good for some - poor for some. The defining principle of loyalty seems to be the 1st Feb 'deadline'. The loyalty test has been defined: "To thank our Membership for their support and loyalty we are offering current Members a 'price freeze' if they renew before 1 February 2010." Having through a lack of Sunday limited overs cricket in 2009, poor weather and swine flu only seen 5 games I am far from convinced.

I wounder what the increase would be ........... and when the pay by date is to avoid the £30 fine (or is that no longer a threat)?

They still use the £ 30 join up fee which puts new people off.

I'll probably join after 1st Feb and given the state of the economy and that January is a very difficult month post christmas. 1st March may have been more practable. Indeed, I expect to pay no more - otherwise after years of being a member I'll test my loyalty and just jack it in.

I cant wait to see the price of the England v Bangledesh game.......... £ 20 ................... or price held at £ 45. Last year I paid £22.50 per ticket under the BOGOF scheme to see the West Indies - and after the debacle of paying about £ 180 for three tickets to see two hours play (outside the members area) on the Thursday of the Ashes Test, I will wait to see what the weather is like - or how good the offers get.
My first reaction was to say - freezing prices for early payment is fair enough - after all WB you could renew BEFORE Christmas to avoid difficult January!! Seriously though it is what we have been saying for sometime - discount early payment rather than impose an increase for late payment.

However I am very disappointed that the future of WCCCC - the JBs or Grizzlies - has stayed at £45. Last year the price was hiked up from £25 to £45 but included a "free" T20 finals day ticket worth £20. This year no such additional benefit exists. Therefore the youngsters have seen an 80% increase in just 2 years. I shall be writing to Mr Povey to express my disgust at this shortsighted attitude towards the next generation of supporters.
LE - aka John
I do find it a bit odd to be honest, why not just freeze prices for everyone. Its not like the extra interest earned from early re-subscribers money will be that great, especially as it has to offset the lack of a price increase.

Well i am tight so don't spend much at Christmas so its fine for me :p
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
The March payment is a "me" thing. I budget to usually pay in March as others in the family like to spend the money between November and February on their own pet projects............... like Christmas and paying the Gas bill :001_rolleyes:

So I take on board the other comments above. I suppose the Ashes Thursday washout and 5 games for £ 150 weigh heavily on my mind Huh
The renewal pack reveals some schizophrenia about frozen prices. In Mr Povey's letter they are frozen in recognition of the disruption to membership facilities that the development will cause - not as a loyalty bonus. Good to see that club news is no longer included as a spurious benefit.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Ah so that's the reason - explains why the JBs have increased 80% in 2 years - they don't use the members' bar!!
LE - aka John
I just can't understand the logic of this "joining fee" con, allegedly it was brought in to stop folks joining for say Australia or West Indies and then letting the membership lapse in other years; which was a load of rubbish and stopped nothing just lost us more members.

Now with the club struggling to keep the members they already have they seem hell-bent on not recruiting extra members too. How they justify these fees when the facilities and "benefits" are disappearing each year is beyond me.

As for the "accomodating members' wishes for the internationals" - why is that such a difficulty. AVFC manage to do it very easily for their match ticket sales - Season ticket holders first then people with decreasing useage levels untill the tickets have gone. Each category has a set time period to claim their tickets or take their chances with the next group down the pecking order. It is hardly rocket science; but then nor is making a cup of tea or coffee, but that seems to cause problems at Edgbaston.

As far as I am concerned instead of extending the C&L contract it should be terminated at the earliest possible time, because they are just not doing the job.
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
Warley will love the second para of Mr Ps letter...
(02-11-2009, 03:01 PM)Kim Wrote: Warley will love the second para of Mr Ps letter...

Oh go on Kim ............. give me a sneak preview in these times of disrupted post..................

Aside to that. The joining fee was of course waived for the £65 brigade who were then allowed to buy ashes tickets...... so the £ 30 joining fee should go - it is a bar to people joining or lapsed members rejoining.
Its a you predicted about the season - how we were contenders for runners up spot until the last round of matches, only lost in the t20 to the winners etc..Makes it sound virtually all conquering.
(02-11-2009, 03:41 PM)Kim Wrote: Its a you predicted about the season - how we were contenders for runners up spot until the last round of matches, only lost in the t20 to the winners etc..Makes it sound virtually all conquering.

Ho Ho Ho :lol:

Take me to my leader [Image: alien-smiley-126.gif]

I suppose it puts off deciding what they can increase costs by for a few months.............. the base for next year.
45 quid for JB's.

flip off.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

DD Bear for once I totally agree with you. A letter will be posted tomorrow to Mr Povey complaining in no uncertain terms about the 80% increase when they should be doing all they can to get the kids in and hooked on the Bears ready for when they can be full members.

My JB probably wont renew and I fear a lot more will go down the same route. Parents everywhere are tightening their belts.
LE - aka John
We have not received a renewal pack are they out then? Looks like 2 over 60s for us this year then.
(02-11-2009, 06:26 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: DD Bear for once I totally agree with you. A letter will be posted tomorrow to Mr Povey complaining in no uncertain terms about the 80% increase when they should be doing all they can to get the kids in and hooked on the Bears ready for when they can be full members.

My JB probably wont renew and I fear a lot more will go down the same route. Parents everywhere are tightening their belts.

Four years ago I was responsible for 5 JBs.

2010 - 0.

Is this "you have to rejoin by Nov 30" to get discounts on internationl tickets a new wheeze?
(02-11-2009, 06:26 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: DD Bear for once I totally agree with you. A letter will be posted tomorrow to Mr Povey complaining in no uncertain terms about the 80% increase when they should be doing all they can to get the kids in and hooked on the Bears ready for when they can be full members.

Its pretty poor. 45 quid for the same thing with no finals day ticket. Pointless. (more pointless than that pro 40 last year :sneaky2::thumbup:)

The prize freeze is stupid too. Recession anyone... Angry

The price gain for JB to become a member is also massive. 45 quid to 150 quid with a discount of probably 15 quid.

My member prediction this year: 2000. :glare:

[Image: smiley_4.gif]
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(02-11-2009, 07:52 PM)Kim Wrote: Four years ago I was responsible for 5 JBs.

2010 - 0.

Is this "you have to rejoin by Nov 30" to get discounts on internationl tickets a new wheeze?

What happened then Kim? How did you mabage to lose them? As Oscar Wilde said ((approximately) "To lose one is unfortunate, to lose five is careless". :)

I may have read it wrong as I didn't pay much attention, indulging in international cricket; but my understanding is that you can "register your interest" by that date. I take that to mean, that you contact them to be put on some kind of advance mail list.

As I have mentioned previously customer service is only as hard as you decide to make it. It seems that the club is once again doing it the hard way having not thought things through before they start. All it needs is for a window allocated for members in which to buy their tickets, and importantly for the club to stick to this, unlike what happened in previous years.

Incidentally things must be getting very desparate down there, it is unheard of (in my experience) for Warwickshire to take their thumbs from where the sun doesn't shine and issue membership details before Worcestershire.
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
Firstly let me declare my interest/situation!
I have been a member in the disabled category for the last 2 years so personally I have no problem with the new membership pack.The price has not increased since I joined & it is my annual Xmas present from my wife.
I do however have a couple of issues that I find a bit hard to understand.Firstly my wife who has used my guest passes & has just retired at the age of 71 planned to join so she could go with me to Edgbaston.We were a little dismayed to discover that there is a £30 joining fee/surcharge so it's back to the drawing board I fear.
My other gripe is an old one.I'm in total agreement with both LE & (amazingly) DD.Our Grandson joined as a Junior Bear 3 years ago at the age of 15 & quite rightly enjoyed the same facilities as a full member..apart from buying me a pint that is!
The price shot up 2 seasons ago & then last year the student discount category disappeared.I note with dismay that it hasn't been restored this year.Therefore a Junior Bear (I refuse to call them Grizzlies) who has been used to using the members facilities & attending all matches decides to stay in further education & their membership goes from £45 to £150 with no income as such.What about the kids who join at say 10 years of age?After 8 years of spending a top day at the cricket & seeing the players in the pavilion area they can't do it anymore.
Bears supporters they will remain but members?I doubt it!
So LE & DD my letter will be following yours pretty quickly.I really do think that the club's attitude regarding under 21's leaves an awful lot to be desired.
Sorry about the rant folks.Just felt like getting it off my chest. :001_smile:
ALWAYS A BEAR