Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Development Plans available to view in Dollery
Alongside 2 artists impressions of the ground there are 5 detailed floor plans showing the proposed development of the pavillion and surrounding stands.

Shows the extra room set aside for media and players, the shop being re-located to the ground floor where currently sits the Banqueting Suite. Above the shop lies the main club offices and museum. Several large spaces for lounges/bars are shown. Looks potentially quite good to me.

Anyone else get a good look at these? Thoughts?
Yes had a look at that today.
Any info as to member facilities.........or does the new supa Exec club take all the space ?

By the way where willl the members be while all the work takes place...or should we just go to Worcester ?
Other side of the ground i believe.
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
We will all be moved to Wyatt stand, players too
The CEO has gone on record as saying that there will be no permanant alterations made to the City End, so maybe we may only be down there 30 years*.

*Based on the fact that the "temporary" scoreboard which preceded the rubbish at the pavillion end was only there for about that long.
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
(03-09-2009, 09:29 AM)Jane Wrote: We will all be moved to Wyatt stand, players too

You'll have to mix with us riff-raff then, Jane :001_tt1:
Yes thats a cross I will have to bare, or is it bear.? :laugh:
(02-09-2009, 07:11 PM)Mad Brummie Wrote: Alongside 2 artists impressions of the ground there are 5 detailed floor plans showing the proposed development of the pavillion and surrounding stands.

Shows the extra room set aside for media and players, the shop being re-located to the ground floor where currently sits the Banqueting Suite. Above the shop lies the main club offices and museum. Several large spaces for lounges/bars are shown. Looks potentially quite good to me.

Anyone else get a good look at these? Thoughts?

I like the new pictures of the new stand, though was somewhat intrigued that there is no pavillion as such - it is just a stand with media centre and more seats. (I appreciate that there are players changing rooms etc behind the scenes). I thought it looked pretty smart, but I can imagine that this might not appeal to the more "traditional" cricket fans who would prefer an actually pavillion.
Also, have we actually got the go ahead for a) the redevelopment and b) permanent floodlights? I was not aware that the fllodlights had been approved by the planning department.

Finally, and most importantly, have we actually got all the funds to pay for the development? I would suggest it would be a mistake to start knocking anything down before we had 100% of the funding in place, otherwise we could end up with a half built stand.
With the museum contained within the new development does this mean that the new building will not be for members only?
LE - aka John
One thing that strikes me from the plans I've seen – impressive as they are - is that it's all pretty much under cover apart from an open block that I think is going to go where the current Dollery suite now is.

Fine and dandy on the 2 days a year that we get temperatures above 23C but I imagine it’s going to be a bit parky when the wind whistles through it. It’s all north-facing so the sun rises and sets behind and it’s going to offer a lot of permanent shade.

Now I’ve sat in stands like this in Australia (Churchill and Brewongle stands at the SCG) and South Africa (Duckpond End at Port Elizabeth) and even on some warm high 20s days I’ve ended up reaching for a long-sleeved top to keep the wind off.

I only really sit in the members areas on test match days anyway – I prefer the sun at the other end. But it may be something worth considering when it opens – take a blanket and some hot soup!
I don't think the loss of a "pavilion" is that great a loss, its not like you've been really able to see the old pavilion under all of those additions and scaffolding anyway.

It had also occurred to me that the new development would be a chilly spot to watch cricket. I tend to like to nod off in a sunny spot after lunch and migrate around the ground if necessary to find the yellow stuff. It could be my alternative favourite spot over in the Press Box Stand will become the norm.
(07-09-2009, 10:34 PM)windy Wrote: I don't think the loss of a "pavilion" is that great a loss, its not like you've been really able to see the old pavilion under all of those additions and scaffolding anyway.

Not a loss compared to what we have got now.... but what we have now is one of the worst looking pavilions in the country. This was an opportunity to start again and build whatever we like.

Anyway, I'm not too bothered, and think that it looks quite smart - quite 'futuristic' for a cricket stand?

Fair point about the wind blowing over the uncovered top stand. Will this stand also partially block the view of those at the back of section 1 in the Raglan?
Protection from the sun is very important in the 21st Century :)

Are these plans available on line anywhere ?
(08-09-2009, 11:58 AM)Warleybear Wrote: Protection from the sun is very important in the 21st Century :)

There are some pics you can click on on the OS.

Don't tell the full story though - just architects impressions of the grand plan.

As a resident of the upper reaches of the Hollies I imagine you'll find a seat in the new pavilion highly invigorating! Rolleyes
(08-09-2009, 11:58 AM)Warleybear Wrote: Protection from the sun is very important in the 21st Century :)

There are some pics you can click on on the OS.

Don't tell the full story though - just architects impressions of the grand plan.

As a resident of the upper reaches of the Hollies I imagine you'll find a seat in the new pavilion highly invigorating! Rolleyes
Thanks for that Dave !
i don't get the uncovered seats, seems to jar with the rest of the development

I was thinking that Windy............. perhaps its terracing. £ 5 to watch an ODI?

Ps. Just looked at your Blog Windy........... pretty cool. Dont know how I missed it.