Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LVCC Game 11 - Nottinghamshire vs Warwickshire
Anyone travelling to Trent Bridge apart from maybe Durham or Somserset who expect a victory, Are bound to lose money on a bet, But with the Squad announced on the Official Site earlier today, I'm confident we can achieve an elaborate draw at the least.

Westwood
Carter
Bell
Trott
Troughton
Frost
Ambrose
Clarke
Woakes
Tahir
Rankin
Sreesanth

First off, Great to have Ian Bell back for such a Fixture, along with Trott, who is now averaging over 90.00 Runs in Division One! There was talk of leaving Ant Botha out last week on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. I don't have a detailed Mind-Set as to the Trent Bridge Surface at present, But I find that rather adhesive to an extent, Having no specialized Spinner for an away fixture. Surpised to see Frost ready for action after the minor Injury sustained on Saturday, But with Sreesanth no doubt breaking into the Starting X1; Who goes out? Frost compiled a Score into the 90's against Somerset, But has been dramatically out of form, Playing with a second-class Integrity for some period, and has recently suffered an Injury. I can't see any of the Seam Bowlers being excluded from the side, So I feel Rikki Clarke may have to suffer for the next week, as we adapt to an extra Fast Bowler, rather than an All-Rounder.
[Image: title-1.jpg]
Warwickshire CCC - Division Two Champs - 2008
'Caught At Gully' - Personal Cricket Blog
We beat Somerset fairly easily at Trent Bridge! I've not seen as much cricket as I'd have liked to there this year, but it generally seems a bit flatter than when it was swinging all over the place last year. If anything it tends to get better to bat on as the match goes on. Still, if we get four days play I'd be surprised not to see a result. I believe we've got Swann and Sid available but no Broad.

For any of you travelling to TB I'd recommend lunching in the Cricketers Suite which is on the first floor of the Radcliffe Road stand. It serves hot lunches between 12 and 2, morning snacks and hot drinks from 10 and afternoon tea at the tea interval. The pavilion "offers a selection of hot and cold snacks from 10:00am and afternoon tea during the tea interval." The squash club, behind the pavilion, offers hot and cold snacks from 10 I think.

Oh, and both the scoreboards are very informative and efficient. :thumbup:
Hi Bostan outlaw, looking forward to a good game of cricket which us having a virtually full strength team. Hi Matt I was discussing this with Jane earlier and we came to the coclusion Carter would be replaced by Sreesanth and Botha by Bell. frost has looked a diffeernt player batting down the order so cant see him being dropped. Clarke maybe, but with all those seamers we need at least one good slip fielder and hes the best in the business. So I think Carter will be rested but who knows.

Carter is injured and Botha isnt in the squad I saw.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Yeah they have named the team ages a go.

Westwood *

Bell

Trott

Troughton

Frost

Ambrose +

Clarke

Woakes

Tahir

Rankin

Sreesanth
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Who will open? Frost I assume

One of Rikki or (sorry Paul)l, Jim is a bit lucky we've deceide against a spin option.
Jim will bowl his deadly spin.

Bell maybe to open. Frost is looking good in the middle order.

would England want Bell to open though?
please dont open with frost we all saw what he can do batting down the order.
as much as i think westwood is useless open with him and trott then belly
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Well, I believe England would want Bell to open. He can then show if he can bat at 3 really. As with 3 you could be there second ball of the innings so you could be effectively opening.

I was right anyway lol. Nah Jim would have kept his place, he turned the game at Worcester with that catch. Would you rather have Carter diving around the field Kim lol. Jim doesn't bowl anymore DD to preserve that back of his. We cant open with Frost. I did suggest to Woakes that he should open lol. I cant see Bell or Trott wanting to open. So where does that leave us - Tahir I think he could do a job..... On the other-hand as Frost has found some form he might do better now as opener, on the other hand I've as much as Idea as DD trying to take a quick single or Jane knowing what to do with her hands without that mobile phone in on her ... Im sure she used to be a smoker!!! sorry Jane

Or Kim not using a stat in over 10 posts. (he even uses them in the linking game)

Sreesanth should open. Ambrose????

Great pick DD Ambrose. He cant get a run at 6 so hes bound to get a hundred as opener.... Or Andrew if he misses a train....

Exactly he cant do worse. No offence.

none taken lol

Jim???

Has he ever opened?

I still think it should be Bell. Or Trott.(You know Woakes and Trott have to play a meaningless lions game the day after this game. Stupid. Australians might as well and ask Trott what are you bad at and what do you get out too. And Injuries likely)

Bell needs some time in the middle so dont think he will. Trott I dont know he virtually opens anyway... Jim .... thats a bit like your pick of Ambrose DD. TBH Jim will be better at 5. What about Ricky?

We could suggest every player. I think it will be who stands up and takes it.

Frost then

Yeah probably. Shame. He was starting do very well.