Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test match tickets 2
So I am still waiting for most of my test match tickets to arrive. I ordered 3 tickets for each day. Last wednesday I got the 3 for the Saturday plus 1 ticket for the Friday! No sign of any of the other tickets since then.

I have tried to get through on the phone, but the phones are constantly busy and I can't hold for too long. No doubt everyone else who has still to receive their tickets is also phoning.

What sort of imbecile waits until 2 weeks beforehand to start sending out approx 80,000 tickets? The ticketing operation at Edgbaston is a joke, I have problems like this every year. Nothing is ever done in a timely manner and I still have nightmares about the last time we got to a final at Lords (raffle tickets anyone?). In comparison I always attend the test at Trent Bridge too and have never had a problem with tickets. Normally ordered around September/October of the previous year and they arrive about six weeks later.

Day 5 tickets. Previously these were not going to be sold in advance, now they are on sale this week. Limited to 2 per person. So either only 2 of us go or we have to sit separately. Why didn't they sell tickets for day 5 at the same time as the first 4 days (like all the other test match venues?). Pure incompetence.

:cursing::cursing::cursing:
(23-07-2009, 12:50 PM)Goose Wrote: So I am still waiting for most of my test match tickets to arrive. I ordered 3 tickets for each day. Last wednesday I got the 3 for the Saturday plus 1 ticket for the Friday! No sign of any of the other tickets since then.

I have tried to get through on the phone, but the phones are constantly busy and I can't hold for too long. No doubt everyone else who has still to receive their tickets is also phoning.

What sort of imbecile waits until 2 weeks beforehand to start sending out approx 80,000 tickets? The ticketing operation at Edgbaston is a joke, I have problems like this every year. Nothing is ever done in a timely manner and I still have nightmares about the last time we got to a final at Lords (raffle tickets anyone?). In comparison I always attend the test at Trent Bridge too and have never had a problem with tickets. Normally ordered around September/October of the previous year and they arrive about six weeks later.

Day 5 tickets. Previously these were not going to be sold in advance, now they are on sale this week. Limited to 2 per person. So either only 2 of us go or we have to sit separately. Why didn't they sell tickets for day 5 at the same time as the first 4 days (like all the other test match venues?). Pure incompetence.

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Now that was special. :w00t:
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Nothing as yet for me either. £2400 worth of tickets for days 1-4 still somewhere out there in the ether.

However did manage to get through on Tuesday to book 12 tickets for day 5.

At this rate they'll arrive before the main batch!

Told by the ticket office that if they've not arrived by today I’m to phone back and they'll reprint for me to collect in person.

At least I've got that confirmation letter with every ticket laid out in black and white.

Perhaps they know I'm not a member anymore and are dishing this out as punishment!

Until about 3 years ago the distribution was a lot better - seem to recall receiving tickets not long after the memberships most years.
That date (3 year) is very relevant Dave, coincides with the time the present Senior Admin Team took over and everything fell apart. The club increasingly remind me of a football club (any football club) in the Seventies. Their attitude then was "You have paid us £X.XX to come into the ground, we provide you with poor food at great expense. - What more do you expect of us.?"
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
Hush you are experiencing excellence remember?
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
(23-07-2009, 09:30 PM)windy Wrote: Hush you are experiencing excellence remember?

Sorry Windy, how could I possibly fail to have noticed that?http://www.bearsfans.org/images/smilies/blushing.gif

I'm going to hopefully receive some very bad service tomorrow when I order my New Road tickets. The service last time was appalling - next day delivery! :)
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
So what has gone wrong? Did they get rid of everyone who knew what they were doing at the same time?

Probably not Windy, but we saw from our current CEO's public appearance (cricket on the cheap) that his attitude was that everything that had happened previously was bad and needed to be replaced. A classic case of someone who has come into an organisation and not bothered to learn how it works, before starting to improve it. Also does Mr P seem the type of person who would either seek or take advice to you. He doesn't to me. :(

As to the staff, I have never been a frequent visitor to the front office (only to renew the membership, and get event tickets). So I don't actually know the folks who work there, but many of the faces who used to be seen in club attire around the ground are no longer there. Also a steward told me that from what he has seen the people coming in have little or no experience of a customer service role. Not a good idea for that type of office.
The kind of management that is all too common these days unfortunately. They want to "make their mark" and "impose their personality" on the organisation.

Update on my situation.

Tickets are being reprinted for collection this afternoon. The originals were sent out to the mailing company at the beginning of the month so I can only assume they are now circulating around eBay or GetMeIn.

Might be fun on Thursday when the purchasers find they've got a dodgy ticket.
Update on my situation.

Tickets are being reprinted for collection this afternoon. The originals were sent out to the mailing company at the beginning of the month so I can only assume they are now circulating around eBay or GetMeIn.

Might be fun on Thursday when the purchasers find they've got a dodgy ticket.
Last year experienced a similar situation. Tickets for all 4 days of the TM, people travelling to attend. No tickets days before the match. All very stresful even though the club said they would re-print. In the end I had a letter from a company in Sunderland that enclosed my tickets as they had been enclosed with theirs.................
(24-07-2009, 10:49 AM)Warleybear Wrote: Last year experienced a similar situation. Tickets for all 4 days of the TM, people travelling to attend. No tickets days before the match. All very stresful even though the club said they would re-print. In the end I had a letter from a company in Sunderland that enclosed my tickets as they had been enclosed with theirs.................

It's been a bit like getting blood from a stone this week. I phoned on Monday and even though they could see that they had left the club for mailing at the beginning of the month they asked me to wait 48 hours.

I dutifully waited then called Wednesday. Wait until tomorrow they told me. Did this then phoned late PM yesterday to be told to call back this morning when they finally capitulated and agreed to reprint them.

I've stayed quite calm throughout but did point out that they'd had £2400 of our money for 11 months now and the least we should have expected was to have received our tickets timeously.

First time I've been through this in 20+ years and it refelcts pretty badly on the club IMO.

But then again why am I not altogether surprised....?
Dave - Totally understand..................... the uncertainty and stress dont help.
This year i had my tickets earlier than most but i know how stressful it is waiting for them.
Would love to be behind whoever has your original tickets Dave C.
Did you have to pay for them to be reprinted?
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
and an update from me.

I e-mailed the club on Wednesday night and received the remainder of my tickets today. Not sure whether they turned up as a result of the e-mail or not. Still too late to post to friends but better than nothing I suppose!

I can only echo what Dave and others have said. I have never had a problem with the staff on the ground (they are always helpful and polite)but some of the decisions that are made by the clubs management are completely ridiculous and without thought to the paying customer.

The club will pay for it in the long run while CP et al swan off into the sunset with their pay cheques.
(24-07-2009, 12:45 PM)Val Studley Bear Wrote: Did you have to pay for them to be reprinted?

No - but I guess I'm going to have to pay to park when I go and collect them in an hour or so! Each day's worth comprises upwards of 15 tickets with 23 coming on the Saturday. If the originals have found their way out onto the open market it will be interesting to see if there's anyone sat in our seats come Thursday and whether a PUBLUNCH style fracas ensues! :mad:

Goose – my guess is that the club made an assumption that a high value order such as mine carried a high risk of tickets being sold on so possibly earmarked them for later delivery to prevent this. The fact that the order comprises tickets for 10 long-standing members plus a few guests seems to have been missed.
The stress of waiting doesn't help................
Hopefully..if this new system works, then shouldn't the originals be cancelled so won't scan?
Be interesting though..
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
The major problem is that there seems to be no sense of urgency about anything to do with the club. I renewed my membership at the end of March, I was told that the "pack" would be in the post the following week. But of course it wasn't, I only received my card the day before the opening match at home v. Somerset afer an irrate phone call to someone who wan't even listening to what I told him. He had to go away and ask someone called Colin (presumably Povey) what he should do about the situation. Does the ticket office actually have a manager? Why would he need to ask the CEO about issuing a membership card?

Earlier this year I overheard someon saying that they had struggles getting their membership card so that they could use it at Somerset. Apparently the staff couldn't understand why they would want them as the first match wasn't untill a week after that at home to Somerset.

What we badly need is someone in charge who knows what is going on.