Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
It is ironic that we got more snow after the Copenhagen summit.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Still no where near as much as in Canada though; on one of the sites I frequent someone said that they had had 30cm or 12 inches in one night. With the same forcast for the following day. Also last year one of the Canadians told us of -30c; which makes us seem a bit wimpish.

By the way has anyone seen any info about the away LC S/F yet? The home match is on the AV OS as 20th but no mention of Ewood.
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
(06-01-2010, 08:38 PM)Lofty Wrote: Still no where near as much as in Canada though; on one of the sites I frequent someone said that they had had 30cm or 12 inches in one night. With the same forcast for the following day. Also last year one of the Canadians told us of -30c; which makes us seem a bit wimpish.

By the way has anyone seen any info about the away LC S/F yet? The home match is on the AV OS as 20th but no mention of Ewood.

Thats a very good point Lofty. We overeact to a little bit of snow because we are not used to it anymore.

-10 tonight.

Canada are used to that sort of weather though tbf. Just like 40c is the norm in Asia.

Agreed there DD, but it is far from unusual that we get snow here, unfortunately though each time the authorities are completely wrongfooted. They either don't do anything or as is happening now find out they do not have grit/salt to put on the roads;IMO they should stop wasting money on other projects and do the job they are there for. (Providng services for the community with the important things like keeping the traffic moving i not very bad weather like this).
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
Yep, 44% of people apparently were off work today, that is pretty bad.

(06-01-2010, 11:27 PM)Lofty Wrote: Agreed there DD, but it is far from unusual that we get snow here, unfortunately though each time the authorities are completely wrongfooted. They either don't do anything or as is happening now find out they do not have grit/salt to put on the roads;IMO they should stop wasting money on other projects and do the job they are there for. (Providng services for the community with the important things like keeping the traffic moving i not very bad weather like this).

Yes instead of wasting 79 million of tax payers money on this
http://www.birminghampost.net/news/west-...-24933444/

Being devils advocate you could also have chosen the way that Birmingham are spending £20M. :sneaky2:
My road is on a local bus route. The council never grit it, and we haven't seen any local buses for 2 days now.
Stratford Council are too busy tarting up the Shakespeare Theatre and gardens for the tourists to care about us residents.
Thats not good Dooey.

I went into Birmingham CC, today and was amazed at what I saw: still loads of snow around. Pathways had been cleared although not very well, bus stops (at least those outside New Street station on the queensway) had been untouched, just a very narrow passageway cleard with enough room for single file. Whoever had cleared them obviously has never used the bus services in Birmingham, because the buses can and do stop anywhere near the bus stop.

Full marks though to the maintainence crew at Broadway Plazza (opposite Tescos @ Five Ways). Wide pathways had been cleared to all the open units, and the dangerous steps barricaded off. They put Birmingham Council to shame. It is very noticeable how the Council work, there is a definite demarcation line where they have obviously decided "sod it we can't be bothered"; cleared paths on one side of a junction and not on the other. Why is this, do the residents/businesses on these roads pay less in tax/rates? If not they should.
Well done West Ham on getting a point. Dissapointing result for Villa though. Its now three games without scoring in the league. These things happen but Gabby really should have done better when through one on one with the goalkeeper.

I thought we got away with it 1st half, Villa should really have put a chance or 2 away.
I was really pleased with the effort that West Ham put in though. They kept going, and the kids did us proud. I even began to believe that we might nick the 3 points, but I'm delighted with 1.

And a draw means that I'm still on speaking terms with the other half!
I thought Collins looked a bit shaky today

Villa reject a big from B'ham for Gardner.

West Ham can go home with heads held high. Villa just can't score. Some good chances wasted especially Gabbi
I think I was at a different game to most of those commenting on the game today.

I think
16 corners to 4 and
18 shots to 7

tells its own story.

We should have won the game comfortably. Given the resourced West Ham had at their disposal they were competitive, but we were utterly dominant and it wasn't until 20 mins from the end that the Hammers had a real chance (albeit they played well after that).

I think we need to have a look at Delfonesou in the next game and perhaps give Albrighton a run.

Losing Gardner won't be a great problem. He looked under class whenever he's played recently.

BTW - thought the ref wasn't great again - some very "strong" tackles from the Hammers midfield going unpunished.

Best player on the pitch was Noublet (? sp) - who had 4/5 runs and looked a different class to the rest of their team.
I agree with you on Delfonso Will,and although Allbrighton is a promising youngster we do have plenty of quality in the wide positions. I thought Downing as excellent.

With last nights 6-4 score-line I just wondered if anybody had ever seen 10 goals in a game before. Sam Allardice's comments after the game made me smile as managers do seem to have very selective memories.

WHU 10 Bury O in the 1980's.

Two weeks later we paid £80,000 for Paul Hilton, the Bury centre half :blink:
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions