Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
West Ham fans out! To be fair in the first half it was all villa but after we got the equaliser, West Ham looked the more likely winners with Hinds a constant threat.

I didn't know that Wavell could play football as well. :)
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
the first half reminded me of the Aresenal game last year... something like 10 shots compared to 4 - and we went in 1-0 down... still I'd take our current league position given the way that the team are playing.

Downing to come in, Young to come back from injury / problems, NRC to play more often / Sidwell to play less and please lets buy another striker - Cole would do nicely.

Pleased to see the Hammers do well, I'd prefer them not to go down - albeit I wish they'd lost last night and then started improving ;-)
Maybe give Delph a proper run in the side and drop Carew and Heskey who have been pretty useless this season.

I'll probably get buried for this, but in my view we had a lucky win yesterday; at times our defence looked very wobbly, but fortunately Bolton's was even worse. I just hope that we play better against Burnley who seem to be holding their own at the moment (unfortunately we seem to have a habit of relaxing against the lesser teams rather than going in for the kill).
"Kevin and myself would get on much better if Kevin kept hs mouth shut." - Graeme Smith on Kevin Pietersen (June 2008)
To be fair Bolton were awful. On that performance alone, it looks like MON got it right about Cahill and Knight well. Our front 4 were good though. Not sure I agree about it being lucky but we are still some way off from our best. So far we haven't played well and we are still only 1 point off top 4 so we shouldn't be too unhappy.

(08-11-2009, 01:49 PM)Lofty Wrote: I'll probably get buried for this, but in my view we had a lucky win yesterday; at times our defence looked very wobbly, but fortunately Bolton's was even worse. I just hope that we play better against Burnley who seem to be holding their own at the moment (unfortunately we seem to have a habit of relaxing against the lesser teams rather than going in for the kill).

Thers no particular "lesser team", who you may have played very recently, that you have in mind, is there Lofty? Angry
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Do you mean Wolves there Kim? I was thinking more of the Wigan, Cardiff, Fulham and Wolves matches than WHU. From what I have heard Villa were abismal and deserved to lose last Wednesday. Yesterday's match reminded me of last seasons match against the Cap & Gown (Stoke) who were similar to a pub team, although this time we managed to fluke it.
(08-11-2009, 02:57 PM)Lofty Wrote: Do you mean Wolves there Kim? I was thinking more of the Wigan, Cardiff, Fulham and Wolves matches than WHU. From what I have heard Villa were abismal and deserved to lose last Wednesday. Yesterday's match reminded me of last seasons match against the Cap & Gown (Stoke) who were similar to a pub team, although this time we managed to fluke it.

Pete who went to the match said it was all villa first half and after we got the equaliser West Ham took control.

I also talked to folks who had gone to the mathch Paul, probably the difference is Warley's famous "rose tinted glasses" that LP seems to constantly wear. Whereas the folks I talked to didn't wear them. :)
I was talking about Andrews uncle and his also his son, who give a very unbiased view of the game. I also saw a live stream of the game and I had the same impression. Anyway it doesn't matter does it.

Sorry, is that a different Pete? Blush There are so many of them it gets confusing, at the moment I know 4 Petes down at Edgbaston; plus the one who used to post on here who I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting.
Yes theres quite a few. Theres the one from Coseley who sits in the palivion. Theres one from Coventry. The one I was referring you must have seen around. He travels a lot on trains. He has posted on here by proxy.

Yeah I know "Railway Pete", not met one from Cov that I know of. The others I know are the steward (from Wolverhampton), Photographer from Wolverhampton (although we don't see much of him now as he has memberships all over the place); and last but not least the keeper of the eccles cakes, a baggies fan.
Railway Pete is the one I play tennis with. You must know Coseley Pete he works on the turnstiles at Edgbaston and at Villa and he sits in the pavillion with his coat on even if its really really hot eating his dry bread. Sorry Pete if you read this, no doubt you will pay me back.

Good to see Warnock being called up to the England squad. I've been very impressed with him. Has a chance of making teh world-cup squad. I think hes better than Wayne Bridge.

just a bit of useless information i was talking to willie car yesterday he is a rep for a engineering company
does any one remember the famous free kick
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Carr flicked it up and Ernie Hunt shot it in. It was banned after that.

Didn't Alan Wright once do that (though he flicked it up himself) for the Villa?
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
i remember it if it was tomorrow he is such a nice bloke to talk to
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear