Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
Grants post match comment - "I didnt know what to say to them at half time" - was impressive. Right team won. But when your manager knows hes going to be sacked at the end of the season why should he bother?
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Thats funny. Bring back Zola at least he was more charismastic. What was your opionion on the Gray,Key incident. I thought it was quite humorous Richard Key going on Talk Sport and apologising and proceeding to launch into Karan Brady and how poorly she's handled the Grant-Oneill afair. It kind of madxe his apology look a bit false.
Sadly I think they were saying what just about every man in the ground would have said if the female linesman had given a dodgy decision against them. Theres an element of a storm in a tea cup to me but Im glad they've both gone. The more you read and hear the more unpleasant they appear to have been to both sexes.

Maybe more interesting, Skys contracts with women sports presenters actually stipulate how many buttons of their blouses they have to have undone. Unbelievable and changed yesterday. But things like that make it no surprise that males at the place have some neanderthal instincts.
anything is better than expensive train trips from London :cursing:
I've hated AG/RK for years, i might actually watch Sky's premier league coverage again now they have gone.
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
If Carroll is 35, Bent is worth 40 Million, great deal by Villa lol!
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

If Carroll is worth 35 mil then Young is worth 50 mil. Liverpool have no chance of getting Young. If Liverpool do pay 35 mil for a player which such limited footballing ability as Carroll then prices will spiral out of control and the 50 mil they may get for Torres wont buy them much at all.

Good deal for West Ham getting Keane. Hes still a quality footballer and that type of quality might help you get out of trouble.
(31-01-2011, 04:55 PM)windy Wrote: I've hated AG/RK for years, i might actually watch Sky's premier league coverage again now they have gone.

yes good riddance to them both

(31-01-2011, 06:18 PM)Paul Wrote: If Carroll is worth 35 mil then Young is worth 50 mil. Liverpool have no chance of getting Young. If Liverpool do pay 35 mil for a player which such limited footballing ability as Carroll then prices will spiral out of control and the 50 mil they may get for Torres wont buy them much at all.

Good deal for West Ham getting Keane. Hes still a quality footballer and that type of quality might help you get out of trouble.

We will see. Spurs mates tell me his legs are gone. WHU fans are excited by a proven prem striker. Well last time he scored in prem was Nov 2009 and Im suspicious he cant get a game at Spurs where that Russian is the top scoring striker - with 5 goals. Hes impossinble to play with as well

I think Carroll is a brilliant deal for Liverpool. Best young number 9 in the country - 11 goals in 18 games compared to Torres 9 in 22. The fee is a statement as well while instantly for the KOP it makes it "Torres who?". Price is too much but if thats what it takes... Also 50 million in the bank is no use. Its also back to an old Liverpool policy of buying big before the end of the tax year to save cash. Could save over 9 million in tax, I think, by buying now - which reduces the fee.
35 million for him? Jesus H Corbett... the world has indeed gone mad. The 8th most expensive player in the world, wow!
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
It'd be a good signing if it was about 20 Million but come on 35 Million for a guy who hasnt even made it yet...

With Pool also signing Adam who has only done well for half a season at the moment and Suarez who is coming from the dutch league, they are taking some massive risks.

Keane is still only 30. He hasnt scored because he rarely plays. Torres is 50 times the player Carroll is. He just hasnt been used in the right way by Liverpool and pushed back from injury too quick. I still reserve judgement on Carrols goal scoring ability in the premier league. He's a big strong lad and probably caught a lot of defences off guard this season. We shall see whether he proves value for money for Liverpool. my feeling is that teams will adapt to play against him. Its certainly a high risk for player who hasnt done it for very long but guess thats the way things are these days. Chelsea will get a champions league spot now. Spurs wll miss out. Liverpool may make the eufa cup.
(31-01-2011, 06:47 PM)ddb Wrote: It'd be a good signing if it was about 20 Million but come on 35 Million for a guy who hasnt even made it yet...

With Pool also signing Adam who has only done well for half a season at the moment and Suarez who is coming from the dutch league, they are taking some massive risks.

I thinnk they have a bargain with Adam. Hes quality and the type of creative player liverpool need, but you right he has only done well for half a season. Dont know anything about Suarez. Their neighbours Everton are falling well behind now. Squad is getting older, never buy anybody. The Worst attack in teh premier league.

Suarez was the hand of god kid against Ghana.

Suppose he's suited for Liverpool.

Dont think 14 Million is a bargain for Adam either but we'll see.

Hmm is that what hes costing. Gosh it has got out of control. Young 20 million you must be kidding.
True, Young at 27 Million probably.

Berbatov at 60 Million?

Rooney 100 million lol. Fabregras 100 million Nasri 100 million. Carlton Cole 50p lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
windy
(31-01-2011, 06:55 PM)Paul Wrote: Keane is still only 30. He hasnt scored because he rarely plays. Torres is 50 times the player Carroll is. He just hasnt been used in the right way by Liverpool and pushed back from injury too quick. I still reserve judgement on Carrols goal scoring ability in the premier league. He's a big strong lad and probably caught a lot of defences off guard this season. We shall see whether he proves value for money for Liverpool. my feeling is that teams will adapt to play against him. Its certainly a high risk for player who hasnt done it for very long but guess thats the way things are these days. Chelsea will get a champions league spot now. Spurs wll miss out. Liverpool may make the eufa cup.

That's part of my point, He rarely plays in a team where Pavurussian bloke is top striker - with 5 goals. Why is that?

Sheringham said Keane was the worst strike partner he ever had - doesnt follow instruction and no discipline.

Torres has missed 50% of Pool's games over the last two years....real point is 50 mill in cash isnt much use to Pool at the moment. Their fans will love this.

Not sure how Torres and Drogba will work.
(31-01-2011, 07:00 PM)ddb Wrote: Suarez was the hand of god kid against Ghana.

Suppose he's suited for Liverpool.

Dont think 14 Million is a bargain for Adam either but we'll see.

Agree. Some palyers are also suited to being big man at a small club. Adam, for example, never quite made it at Rangers.
Adam is going for 8 million now apparently.

He's worth about 6 in a normal transfer window so not the worst overpayment, nothing like the other Pool transfer anyway