Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
Barton to Villa for 1.5 Million apparently :ohmy:
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Hmm another former city player. I actually rate Barton.
Oneill to take over ay West Ham. Still can't get my head around that. He walked out on Villa because Lerner refused to bank roll him any more money for players until he cut the wage bill, so obviously hes been promised stacks of money by Gold and Sullivan.

No disrespect to West Ham but if he'd have taken over from Roy Hogson at Liverpool I could understand, but a team bottom of the premier league doesn't make any sense to me.
He's a first class tit.

Yes I have lost all my respect for him.
I will believe it when I see it. WHU have denied Grant is going today. Apart from the fact is doesnt make sense, MON had a few runs ins with our terrible trio when they were at Brum.

The only sell for ONeill is that he would be idolised down there.

EDIT - may be more to this than meets the eye. The story has come from a foreign possible WHU loan signing who let it slip that the date of his loan would depend on the change of manager to O'Neill.

AVram Grant win % as premier league manager - 39. Martin O'Neill's 37 Angry
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Yes he was idolised at Villa at the beginning but lost support after playing a reserve team in that Eufa cup game. Interesting though Kim that Oneill hasn't denied it.
It looks like Villa and West Ham will be playing each otehr again the the Championship next season.

Avram might be a good call for the next Villa manager, with Hodgson and Chris Hutchings (Ex Walsall) been other options :-)
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

Sky now saying a decision will be made on Grant this week. Well they cant lose that one can they? He stays/he goes, either way its a decision.

No apology for saying he would be defo gone last night though.
(16-01-2011, 06:15 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: It looks like Villa and West Ham will be playing each otehr again the the Championship next season.

Avram might be a good call for the next Villa manager, with Hodgson and Chris Hutchings (Ex Walsall) been other options :-)

I doubt it TB. Villa won't go down. Should really have won today. Poor crowd! Nearly half the amount there was at Villa Park. Guess supporters are turned off by the negative football Small Heath play each week. When was the time you scored 2 goals in a game. :thumbup:

Yes Kim seemed like it was all a certainty yesterday and now who knows... Totally outclassed yesterday by silky Arsenal... Mind you so where Blues. Villa gave them a bit of a game. Is there a more aesthetically pleasing footballer than Nasri at the moment.

Didnt the police restrict the seating cos of last time?

It was the police that restricted the crowd - also not sure if all the wrecked seats have been replaced yet!!
Not sure what glasses you were wearing yesterday Paul but I hardly think Villa outclassed Blues - it also took a very lucky deflection for you to actually score.
You came into the game after going down 1-0 simply because for a few seasons now if Blues go one up they decide to defend deep instead of going for the kill!!
Seriously though - it was good to hear there was no real trouble yesterday and I hope we both manage to stay in the top flight.
LE - aka John
No not outclassed, I said Arsenal outclassed West Ham and Blues. Villa probably should have won based on the number of chances they had and hitting the bar 4 times.
Reports that Darren Bemt is in Brum talking over an 18 million move to Villa
I did hear a rumour about Bent and Villa myself. If thats the case then Randy is certainly backing the manager
Apparently going to sell Young to finance it...

(17-01-2011, 05:43 PM)ddb Wrote: Apparently going to sell Young to finance it...

Shhhhhhhh. :sneaky2:
Is the Young thing just a rumour?
Watching a bit of Barcelona in La Liga etc. .... wow, they play a different game to the rest and make the Prem League look like kick and run.

Yes but which is the more entertaining. Arsenal play good football.