Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
I know but you cant goad a person into answering if they don't want to answer. Brilliant photo by Pete btw.
Should be a nice trip to Bescot next season for the blue noses.

So you mean that Villa are unable to avoid defeat by Blackburn
LE - aka John
Nothing to play for except the headline
'team from the lower grounds'relegate rivals to the lower league
Is that what's called the mugs' league?
(28-04-2017, 09:57 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: So you mean that Villa are unable to avoid defeat by Blackburn

Kodjia will want his 20 goals for the season so you have hope

Fortunately the "Zola Mistake" didn't result in relegation, the players and coaches should be congratulated on their character and results over the last 3 games.

Hopefully a sensible summer, with "strong and stable" management will see Blues recovering from this seasons errors and resume their long term upwards progress.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Glad you are staying up. We'll need the points.
(07-05-2017, 05:38 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Glad we're staying up. We'll need the points against Villa for our promotion bid.
FTFY
Credit where it's due, I see that Birmingham City ladies are in the Cup Final.

Please tell me they are called the Blue Birds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Leicester Exile
Didnt go to well for then I believe... goid attendance though...

I know that the media will talk it up.... but hasnt the premiership lacked excitement this year.... seems in reality its been all decided for some time at both ends of the table.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Paul
Yes the epl has been dull this season. No-one more duller than Man U.

Missing the teams from the 2nd city
LE - aka John
Yes.... perhaps the EPL needs region based franchises to make that happen?
I don't know whether any of you follow Dan's blog, but it always seems to be the most informed about the behind the scenes at Birmingham City:
http://almajir.net/2017/06/20/bsh-the-be...wer-shift/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017...mminently/

This is disappointing. There's a case for selecting sports teams solely on the basis of playing ability and ignoring the character of the person concerned. We've had a few odd balls at Edgbaston that were forgiven the occasional indiscretion. There are enough allegations about Terry, though, to suggest the degree of unpleasantness crosses a line. It's not as if we need another centre back - and Richards and Lescott demonstrate that has beens looking to recreate their glory days are not always a success. What next? Joey Barton?
I also hear that JT has done many good things in recent times. What he is is a winner and Villa have too many losers in the dressing room. Whether he plays many games or not I don't know but he should have a great influence on the team. I think hes a great signing and a major coup for Bruce. Maybe like Brian Clough signing Dave Mackay at Derby although he will only spend one year to help us get promotion

I think he has the potential to be a galvanising force, though will eat a lot of your budget.
Not really no transfer fee involved. 60k a week is no more than many of the others are on.

This makes for interesting reading :-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Football chat has been missing since the start of the season !!
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
The Good Mugabe