Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
It took Philly to fly across the pond to make it happen!!!!

Now who is going to get the team winning again with just three games to go?
LE - aka John
The BBC report on he situation, including analysis by Richard Wilford from BBC WM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39624187
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Looking at the remaining 3 games I just wonder where the points are going to come from. Unless Zola's departure will give the team a lift in the same way it happened at Leicester a few weeks ago.
LE - aka John
Harry lol

(14-04-2017, 06:09 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: And as if the cricket wasn't bad enough it's condolences to Exiled Bear whose beloved Sandgrounders have today had their relegation to National League North confirmed.

Thanks, it's been a wretched season for us and it's been apparent for a while now that we were going down. That's what you get when you make a habit of having three managers a season! However some good could come if it - there is now real appetite for change with the chairman being put under increasing pressure to step down. He runs the club as his hobby and without change there's a very real chance we'll get relegated again next season. Time for a fresh start.

It's going to be a close finish for the other relegation spots...
Proud to be a Bear
(17-04-2017, 06:38 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: It took Philly to fly across the pond to make it happen!!!!

Now who is going to get the team winning again with just three games to go?
It was literally a hopeless performance.  From the moment that Juke missed an open goal (I was already celebrating him scoring) to the last few minutes of hit and hope.  There was no strategy, no game plan.  It looked as though the players had never met before the game.  

In contrast Burton, with more limited resources, had a plan.  They knew where their team mates would be.  In truth, they rarely looked like scoring, but our defensive frailties and errors were fatal.  They aren't a good side, not are Rotherham.  We have the better players, but Zola has completely failed.  If he ever gets another management role I will be amazed.

Luckily I'll be flying back over the Atlantic when Villa destroy us.  I doubt Harry can resurrect such a depressed squad.  I hope the teams below us lose all their remaining matches.
(18-04-2017, 01:24 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote:
(14-04-2017, 06:09 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: And as if the cricket wasn't bad enough it's condolences to Exiled Bear whose beloved Sandgrounders have today had their relegation to National League North confirmed.

Thanks, it's been a wretched season for us and it's been apparent for a while now that we were going down. That's what you get when you make a habit of having three managers a season! However some good could come if it - there is now real appetite for change with the chairman being put under increasing pressure to step down. He runs the club as his hobby and without change there's a very real chance we'll get relegated again next season. Time for a fresh start.

It's going to be a close finish for the other relegation spots...

And today our chairman resigned! In the end it didn't even require very much pressure on the board. An exciting period for the club now lies ahead, and I'm actually quite optimistic about the future and looking forward to next season now!
Proud to be a Bear
say no more

Attached Files Image(s)

Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes littlepete's post:
narsty simon
How is that for a photo Paul Davies?!
Trust Pete to post for the first time in ages - thought Villa might have wanted to ensure a full house for at least one game next season!
LE - aka John
The team from 'the lower grounds'want the bragging rights
Well Simon that's a surprise. Now 'Arry has to find at least one win from the last 2 games
LE - aka John
sorry LE but it had to be done, i might start posting more often, i just dont think about posting anymore as i have to much going on.
[-] The following 2 users Like littlepete's post:
Leicester Exile, narsty simon
what if villa lose to Blackburn that will be no help to the Blose ether
(23-04-2017, 06:36 PM)littlepete Wrote: sorry LE but it had to be done, i might start posting more often, i just dont think about posting anymore as i have to much going on.

Paul Davies also has too much going on!!
Can't say I blame you Pete - I would have done something similar if roles were reversed !!
LE - aka John
Would like to know Paul Davies 'views on Robinson' s conduct last Sunday, he does not normally hold back on such matters
3match ban for Robinson, you're remarkably quiet on the subject Mr. Davies
Lets keep it non personal shall we Simon!

He's quick to report on players 'bad behaviour @the team from' the lower grounds'