Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
I guess I'm disappointed that Bruce didn't think he could do anything with the expensively assembled squad he inherited - most of whom have pedigree at this level. We needed to strengthen the left side of midfield but I'm not sure the rest of the changes were needed. In particular, there aren't many better pairs of full backs in the division than Hutton and Amavi but they end up on the bench, replaced by an unproven teenager and an Icelander who looks like a red card looking for somewhere to happen.

If it works, Bruce will deserve the credit but there can be no excuses. He's been heavily backed by the management and it's his team now.
This season epitomises the life of a Blues fan. Start with mediocre expectations, get seduced by optimism, then destroyed by reality. In this case by a truly bizarre managerial decision.

Villa continue to amaze me. How so much money can be spent with such poor returns suggests fundamental flaws in how the club in run. Could you get relegated again?
Could both teams get relegated ? Blues management change resukts in 3 points in how many games now - I've lost count.
Villa will probably do what they have always done - sack the manager after a few bad games.

So yes there is a possibility that relegation looms shortly
LE - aka John
(13-02-2017, 09:29 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote:  3 points in how many games now - I've lost count.
10 league games, and 2 cup ties (1 draw, 1 loss).  That's really bad.  Way beyond bad luck, even if we seem to be hitting the woodwork with regularity.
Even though Blues have gone into a serious decline since Zola was appointed, they are not the worst team in the championship over the last 10 games.
There is actually only one club in the championship who have not won a game this year, and have lost 5 of their last 7 games, despite having a new manager and the largest budget of any club in the division.

Two points from seven games is a very poor return on investment for the many millions the owners have spent at the Lower Grounds!
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
TGM those stats from the Park Team don't make me feel much better about the demise at THE ground
LE - aka John
Yes, it's a depressing picture, but we should remember, there is always someone worse off than ourselves.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Good Mugabe's post:
Leicester Exile
Come on lets both join Walsall. I feel Bruce is a bit clueless. Team selection tonight, back to a back 4 with Amavi when everyone knows that Amavi better suited to playing in a back 5. I am so sick of Hutton playing. That makes me depressed, seeing his name on the team-sheet. Headless chicken!

Excellent first halves for both teams tonight. Only one goal behind must be seen as a positive?
better than 0-2. Only Kodjia plays to the form he did for his previous club

1-1 Wow, we scored a goal!
[-] The following 1 user Likes philly's post:
Leicester Exile
(14-02-2017, 09:49 PM)Paul Wrote: better than 0-2. Only Kodjia plays to the form he did for his previous club
Worse than 1-3  Rolleyes
Paul
Time for another managerial change I think.

7 points away from bottom 3 now.

Let the banter begin !!
LE - aka John
Please take Zola!
There are GOOD Mugabe's
swap for Bruce. Sack Bruce now and get Rowett in before he's snapped up

We wouldn't want Bruce back, you can keep him!

I see Alex McLeish is favourite for a top job in Scottish football.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I would take Mcleish back now

When does the county season start?
Paul
Early April http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/ma...?view=live
There are GOOD Mugabe's