Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
Allardyce sacked.

Grant IN!!!! :w00t:
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
The football Blackburn have served up under Allardyce has been very poor. Long ball merchants out!
His reputation is producing hard to beat teams - but only us and Wolves have been easier to beat this year. Theyve also conceded the most away goals by far. Plz no.
Very gald to see him go - terrible team to watch.... Houghton?
(13-12-2010, 08:16 PM)Paul Wrote: The football Blackburn have served up under Allardyce has been very poor. Long ball merchants out!

Yeah but they are 13th, it's a stupid decision.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Yes its as stupid as Hughton but can't say I sorry because I don't like his style of play. Its interesting how Coyle has turned Bolton into a very attractive team to watch.
I don't think Blackburn's decision is at all stupid - if you go to Ewood Park you are in a small minority, ground is halfish full, fans are downtrodden by watching the junk served up. Games are without fail really dull.

I think the Indians have worked out that if you want a sucessful side you need to capture the inmagination of the fans - that for me is the difference with Newcastle - Newcastle can and do play really good football and score lots of goals - never boring. Full houses every game.
Apparently they wanted to bring players in that he didnt want so he went.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(14-12-2010, 08:43 PM)Will the Bear Wrote: I don't think Blackburn's decision is at all stupid - if you go to Ewood Park you are in a small minority, ground is halfish full, fans are downtrodden by watching the junk served up. Games are without fail really dull.

I think the Indians have worked out that if you want a sucessful side you need to capture the inmagination of the fans - that for me is the difference with Newcastle - Newcastle can and do play really good football and score lots of goals - never boring. Full houses every game.
In fairness Newcastle do have a far bigger fanbase than Blackburn but it doesn't help draw the crowds in when you play the type of football Allardice coaches. Just because you're a smallish club doesnt mean you have to play long ball - Look at Blackpool and WestBrom. In any case its easy cop-out coaching long-ball tactics. I wonder what would have happened if Allardice had become the England manager... Guess we couldn't have done any worse but we would have been slated for the type of football played.
If Newcastle announced they had run out of balls to play the game 50000 would still turn up - topless!
LE - aka John
That suggests a certaim lack of the old gray matter
(15-12-2010, 11:23 AM)Paul Wrote: That suggests a certaim lack of the old gray matter

Brilliant fans though, Remember being at Upton Park the night they used 3 keepers and we won 8-1 (hat trick for Alvin Martin). They never shut up all the way through.

Of course - being a natural crab - I was moaning at the end cos if wed won 9-1 wed have gone top of the league.

I felt let down :thumbup:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football...301248.stm

In my view Stephen Ireland represents everything that is bad about a modern day footballer - good riddance - an absolute disgrace.
Hes a very strange young man.

Lend him to us plz.
He won't get you out of trouble though Kim. You'd be better off resigning Coker. In reality hes had one good season a City, I think he's pretty rubbish since then. I just want players with attitude and comittment of a Marc Albrighton or a Stewart Downing...
But hes got skill. The real sadness of West Ham is that we've always had at least one player, as John Lyall said, who could get you leaping out of your seat with a bit of skill. Last 5 years its a case of leaping out of your seat to hurl abuse at the latest bit of astonishing rubbishness.

Lionel Messi wouldnt get us out of trouble I fear.
Yes I know he has ability but what is that without application... I have feeling of dejavu here :thumbup:
Hammers swoop for Sidewell.

Be still my beating heart. FFS!
A strange player. He has a bit of the David Platt about him except he's the worst finisher i have ever seen. gets into some great positions then just bottles it. But he gets up and down the pitch, limited ability but maybe wil help you stay up.

ps. sorry the second worst finisher - the worst is choker.
(21-12-2010, 11:25 AM)Paul Wrote: A strange player. He has a bit of the David Platt about him except he's the worst finisher i have ever seen. gets into some great positions then just bottles it. But he gets up and down the pitch, limited ability but maybe wil help you stay up. Cut-priice deal! Another one of Mon's failures. He signed Beye and put him on £40,000 a week and he doesnt even figure anymore.

ps. sorry the second worst finisher - the worst is choker.