Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
The risk is that by bringing in a group of high cost, and higher paid, players, a lot of the unity within the squad will be lost, and the existing players will lose confidence from been asked to play in a style they are not suited for. A similar situation existed when TF became manager after the Barry Fry era of signing dozens of players who were more suited to the lower divisions of the Southend Sunday League, however in that situation TF added quality and professionalism and was a very significant improvement, not sure the same can be said about Zola replacing Rowett and his coaching team.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
What took you so long villa, you should of been ahead of us all season with the amount of money you have spent bit embarrsing really. Spot on in your last post TGM
[-] The following 1 user Likes rednalbear's post:
The Good Mugabe
(27-12-2016, 07:15 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: The risk is that by bringing in a group of high cost, and higher paid, players, a lot of the unity within the squad will be lost, and the existing players will lose confidence from been asked to play in a style they are not suited for.  A similar situation existed when TF became manager after the Barry Fry era of signing dozens of players who were more suited to the lower divisions of the Southend Sunday League, however in that situation TF added quality and professionalism and was a very significant improvement, not sure the same can be said about Zola replacing Rowett and his coaching team.

it was interesting listening to Gary Rowett on sky about the style of play he had at Blues which suited their players and suggesting that Zola's more expansive style will not suit this current crop. Obviously new players will come in but Januray is notoriously a bad time to bring in new players. the prices will be much higher and less availability.

I didn't see or hear any coverage of the game, busy doing other things, but it's interesting that Rowett has, effectively, confirmed my comments about the situation.
It is a strange situation where changing the management team actually makes the entire business significantly weaker.

I'd suggest that if Rowett was still in charge, Blues would have had at least 2 points from the last two games.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Dream on tall bear,the club has failed to win a major trophy in its entire history, it aint ever gonna change !!
(27-12-2016, 11:34 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Dream on tall bear,the club has failed to win a major trophy  in  its  entire history, it aint ever gonna change !!

Funny how the League Cup has been relegated to a minor event since a certain team failed to win it.
LE - aka John
Simon if you don't count the league cup as a major trophy then none of should bother playing again, because theres only the two cups any of our clubs are likely to win again. Leicester is a one off. Blues did beat Arsenal in the final and West Ham in the semis so respect should be given for that.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Leicester Exile
The sacking of Robert is looking dafter by the game lmao
Who's Robert?

However, the managerial change at THE ground is not proving a good move.
LE - aka John
A little light relief

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...40096.html
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Excuse about an Electric gate - shocking!

AT 4ft 6" you couldn't even say he was for the high jump!!
LE - aka John
Its no wonder the poor chap missed that header against wolves. he couldn't jump high enough to get over the top of it. His days are numbered at villa and Fulham players don't want him back despite all the goals he scored for them. Anyway anyone good at maths 99.9%+98%+(51%->)99.99%+50%. lol

Been a while since tall bear posted on this thread he isn't waiting until Zola wins a game surely
Nothing to post by anyone - it's just going from bad to worse for both teams. Spoiling the opportunity for a bit of banter.
At least Zola has bought a few players so if he can get them to gel who knows what might happen but then false dawns have been here so many times.
Is there any hope that Villa will turn things round - can't be good when you have dissent at Bodymoor Heath.
LE - aka John
Well he's gone now but Villa have spent obscene amounts of money to get out of the championship and aprt from the first 15 minutes last night we were awful.

Blues have been slipping down the league since the got rid of Rowett. If this current run of form continues they will be a league 1 club next season no question. Zola is a crap manager. he was at west Ham. You can have Bruce back if you want. I want Rowett.

(01-02-2017, 12:01 PM)Paul Wrote: Well he's gone now but Villa have spent obscene amounts of money to get out of the championship and aprt from the first 15 minutes last night we were awful.

Blues have been slipping down the league since the got rid of Rowett. If this current run of form continues they will be a league 1 club next season no question. Zola is a crap manager. he was at west Ham. You can have Bruce back if you want. I want Rowett.

You can't keep going after our ex-managers - but you could go after them BEFORE we sack 'em starting NOW!!!
LE - aka John
[-] The following 2 users Like Leicester Exile's post:
Paul, The Good Mugabe
As I said at the time, sacking Gary Rowett was a big mistake, having spent two years improving the squad, within the very restrictive budget restrictions in place, it is illogical, and expensive, to have a total change of philosophy, especially one that's totally unsuited to making the best of the existing squad. The new players may theoretically be 'better', but do they make a better team? Will they bond and as work a shard together as the squad built by Gary Rowett did?

As Paul said, there's a serious possibility that Blues could, unless the form significantly improves soon, be a league 1 side next season. Totally disappointing, as Rowett, & his coaches, had the side close to a play off position.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
[-] The following 2 users Like The Good Mugabe's post:
Leicester Exile, Paul
Did Tall Bear know Ross McCormick considered joining Blues on transfer dealine day cos their gates are lower than his
[-] The following 3 users Like narsty simon's post:
GrizzlyBear, Leicester Exile, Paul
Another transfer window; another host of new faces; same result. Sometimes I think you could put the Chelsea squad in Villa shirts and we still wouldn't beat anybody.

Meanwhile, the Baggies are in serious danger of European football next season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Leicester Exile
Its early days and at least we showed some signs of improvement and but for a goalkeeping error and Grealish getting sent off the result would have been different. Hogan and Kodjia could really be a good partnership if Kodjia actually passed to him once or twice.

I don't know I would just like to give it more time. Top 6 is European football, West brom will get nowhere near that. Everton 7th, nah cant see it! 8th is the best they can finish

Meanwhile Leicester could well be the first team since about 1932 to win the league and get relegated the following season. they look a total shambles. Huth and Morgan suddenly look very old and poor signings and no adequate replacement for Kante, who to be honest was impossible to replace as there is no one else like him, is going to cost them. I'm afraid last 16 is where the go out of the champions league too, Sevilla will be far too good for them. But at least they have the memories like I do from 35 yaers ago, although its a bit faded now.