Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
The team from' the lower grounds 'about to become the no.1 team in the city again
Gap restored to a respectable 6 points.
Beat me to it,Philly !!!
LE - aka John
...and now we sack a manager who is generally perceived to have done a brilliant job with limited resources.

Pardon my language, but WTF?

The Birmingham City rollercoaster strikes again.
I'm staggered. The gap will now close again me thinks

Very surprising and totally undeserved. Presumably the management have somebody lined up. Sam Allardyce, do you think?
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Leicester Exile
Can't remember a manager being sacked the morning after a win. Crazy
LE - aka John
A stupid, unfair and totally unjustified decision.

Why, especially after a win, remove not only the manager, but the entire coaching staff, all of whom had played for the club, and were doing a really good ob, with almost non-existent resources.

In human terms it shows the new ownership have no understanding of the club, the game and how to manage people. They have just fired the best management team the club had employed for many years.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Bearing in mind what Leicester did I will reserve judgement on what seems crazy timing.
LE - aka John
Didn't think it possible but it seems bitter and twisted blue noses have just got even more bitter and twisted lmao?
(14-12-2016, 07:15 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: A stupid, unfair and totally unjustified decision.

Why, especially after a win, remove not only the manager, but the entire coaching staff, all of whom had played for the club, and were doing a really good ob, with almost non-existent resources.

In human terms it shows the new ownership have no understanding of the club, the game and how to manage people.  he have just fired the best management team the club had employed for many years.

???
(14-12-2016, 09:37 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Didn't think it possible but it seems bitter and twisted blue noses have just got even more bitter and twisted lmao?
Not sure I would consider myself bitter and twisted, and this decision just perplexes me.
It'll be interesting to see how Zola selects the team for Brighton (N.B. I think it's live on Sky), and how the January transfer window is handled.  Perhaps there's chance of some Chelsea loanees?
Looks like the team from the' lower grounds ' could be top club in the city before the turn of the year, just trying to Brighton up your day Tall Bear!, see what I did there?
you evil so and so simon
Typical frustrated supporter living off the success of 50 years ago. If it wasn't for an ex-blues manager the park team would be fighting relegation at Christmas.
LE - aka John
(18-12-2016, 08:43 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Typical frustrated supporter living off the success of 50 years ago. If it wasn't for an ex-blues manager the park team would be fighting relegation at Christmas.

You wou0 know  what success is,however long ago!!
50 years ago Villa would be the season we got relegated from div 1 I think. Its more like 34 years ago LE. Think Blues have screwed up big time getting rid of Rowett. Zola will be a disaster for the football club.

Villa didn't play well but guess two away games and 3 pts isn't too bad.

I think there were similar comments at Leicester when they did something very similar. If Zola doesn't produce exceptional results by end of February then there could be trouble brewing down at St Andrews
LE - aka John
As predicted previously the team from 'the lower grounds' are the city's top placed club
(27-12-2016, 06:01 PM)narsty simon Wrote: As predicted previously the team from 'the lower grounds' are the city's top placed club
Congratulations.  The hundreds of millions of pounds spent over the last few seasons are finally showing some return, now you have a Blues manager.

I thought today's game showed Zola trying to play a system that he doesn't have the players for.  We never looked like unlocking the Derby defence.  It was interesting to note that one of the Derby substitutes cost more than twice the total cost of the Birmingham squad.  January is just around the corner.  Who will Zola buy, and will he be able to craft a team that can deliver what he's looking for?