Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
Yes but we have derbys in the past with much larger crowds, yet the quality has been better. More about Villa than Blues really. To be honest I think Blues deserved to win, they created the better chances and if there was goal line technology I suspect that one in the first half would have been given.

Considering the amount of money in football I find it incredible that goal mouth technology is not available at every game in the EFL.
LE - aka John
I thought it was. To me it looked like it came off the underside of the bar and then spun back so when it landed on the ground it wasn't completely over the line. I am not sure if its a goal when airborn.

It's a goal if the whole of the ball is beyond the whole of the line at any point. But TV had good pictures and it wasn't over the line when it hit the bar nor when it landed. It might require changing the laws of physics for it to be over somewhere in between.

One could also argue that Kusczak should have been sent off a moment later for doing a Schumacher on Adomah. Actually I think the ref got both incidents right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Paul
I am not sure about the physics. If the ball hits the underside of the bar at an angle and theres under spin on it so its quite possible for the ball to spin back mid air and hit the line but at spme point between the bar and the line it may well have been behind the line. Its possible isn't it?

Anyway I was pleased that Gary Gardner got that goal. A promising career blighted by injuries. I hope his career finally takes off.

It would be called "reverse swing" !
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Paul
(31-10-2016, 11:35 AM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: It's a goal if the whole of the ball is beyond the whole of the line at any point. But TV had good pictures and it wasn't over the line when it hit the bar nor when it landed. It might require changing the laws of physics for it to be over somewhere in between.

One could also argue that Kusczak should have been sent off a moment later for doing a Schumacher on Adomah. Actually I think the ref got both incidents right.

I think it's clear that the ball didn't completely cross the line.

Regarding Kuschak, he clearly won the ball.  If anything it was a foul on Kusczak.

Oh well.  On with the rest of the season.  Only 6 months to the return fixture, and by then we'll probably be moaning about the cricket.
Just over 24 hours till my team's moment in the sun (Southport) as we play Fleetwood in the FA Cup on Monday! I guess that those who follow Premier League/Championship clubs perhaps take television coverage for granted but for us it's a big deal! Having the second round draw take place at our ground is also a massive event, and probably once in a lifetime. I was at our last match which was away at Torquay, where we played well and came from behind to win 2-1, so hopefully we can play well and acquit ourselves well against the team which are two leagues above us!
Proud to be a Bear
Good luck EB - get to the 3rd round and get drawn against AV or BC
LE - aka John
(06-11-2016, 01:37 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Good luck EB - get to the 3rd round and get drawn against AV or BC

One of my friends is a West Brom fan so I'll be hoping for them!
Proud to be a Bear
While we have been off air both the city's major teams seem to have been doing rather nicely. It's starting to feel like the Championship play-off final this year could be a very interesting event indeed ....
(27-11-2016, 04:28 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: While we have been off air both the city's major teams seem to have been doing rather nicely. It's starting to feel like the Championship play-off final this year could be a very interesting event indeed ....

True.  As I expected, SB has brought a degree of rigour to AV.  

The Blues had a bit of luck yesterday, but displayed the fighting spirit that makes us tough to beat.  I wonder what activity the new owners will support in the January transfer market.  With Cogley making a decent debut yesterday, the 3 match absence of Spector doesn't look too catastrophic.  Hopefully we can grab all 3 points next week, before playing Newcastle.
So the site is working again, but both football teams have gone downhill. Coincidence?
Bad result for both clubs particularly Blues. Guess its time Bruce lost one.

Shocker for Blues but at least still in the play-offs.
LE - aka John
All clubs have an occasional bad day, it's how they react and come back that shows their character and resilience.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Oh how we've missed you Tall Bear!
What was Tall Bear saying about character& resilience?!
Its going all one way now. 3 pt gap will soon be overturned

Have to agree 0-7 in two games is a bit of a worry. As for AV overtaking the City team what a pity Bruce didn't apply for the England job :-)
LE - aka John