Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
Sad news today, former Blues, Leeds & Wales goalkeeper Gary Sprake has passed away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37709753

Condolences to his family.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Yes that's sad. I lived in Leeds at the height of the Revie era and saw Gary play many times. I was also accosted on a camp site in Yugoslavia in the early 1970s by a very drunken Pole whose only words of English consisted of reciting the 1966 world cup winning side. He got it mostly right except he began with "Sprake". He wasn't Gordon Banks but he was a very good and popular keeper.
(19-10-2016, 05:26 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Winning just one game every ten weeks would be a good habit :-)

and one away win every couple of seasons.
https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/78...3351336960
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Going to become a habit now. Who's our next away game against? Oh look, Birmingham City.
Bet Tall Bear will be to busy to post on here again tonight!
Not the best of results, but some very well considered, & honest reflections here

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/2016-17...e=Facebook

(The article is probably too complex, and well above the reading and comprehension levels of some here :-) )
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I don't think Rowett changed things quickly enough. Really Burton should have been out of sight before he made the changes.

Villa closing the gap. Could be down to 3 pts next week.

Or 9 pts :)
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
The Good Mugabe
It's not unexpected that Villa have started to pick up points, even though the reports are not very flattering about the performances. SB will tighten up the defence and grind some results out. Given the money spent, it's amazing that none of the recent managers could do the same. They should all be embarrassed, and look work in a different profession.

Lucky the clocks change in the UK this weekend. I think that means it's a slightly later wake up for me on Sunday.
Nah - you will wake up at the same time only to find the clock says it's an hour earlier and you will be annoyed because you can't get back to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make sure you are up early enough to watch THE game
LE - aka John
(26-10-2016, 10:38 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Nah - you will wake up at the same time only to find the clock says it's an hour earlier and you will be annoyed because you can't get back to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it isn't an hour earlier in the USA.  We don't change for a couple more weeks.
(27-10-2016, 04:12 AM)philly Wrote:
(26-10-2016, 10:38 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Nah - you will wake up at the same time only to find the clock says it's an hour earlier and you will be annoyed because you can't get back to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it isn't an hour earlier in the USA.  We don't change for a couple more weeks.

If Trump wins the election, the clocks will go back 60 years.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Leicester Exile
(27-10-2016, 04:12 AM)philly Wrote:

Trust the Yanks to be different!!
LE - aka John
Lucky draw for the park team - with luck like that they will certainly avoid relegation. Blues should certainly have scored at least 3.m
LE - aka John
Well, Villa impressed me today. I was impressed by how poor they were.

We weren't much better, especially in the final third, and failed to convert several chances. I guess SB has tightened the defense, so Villa will grind out results now.
Blues drop another two points at home whilst Villa pick up a useful one away.

No, I'm not biased.
Poor game. I agree Blues edged it. They showed a bit more tenacity. Very little quality from either side though.

With the intense atmosphere of the game, it's not surprising that the actual quality of play wasn't of the highest quality, for both sides the first priority was to avoid defeat.

A good comeback by Blues, but overall probably a fair result.
There are GOOD Mugabe's