Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
longer than mcmuppet Blush

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Leicester Exile
Unfortunately, I think he'll do well. He'll get them organised, particularly the defense and convert the draws into wins.
You consider yourself the stats king Tall Bear wasn't that forest's 1at win in6 games last night?
Thank you for the title, however it is not one I would claim, there are many many people much better at extracting & analysing statistical information.

As I was busy working last night, photographing a BBL game, following a full days work in the office I was unaware of the result.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Well we can't make it easy for the park side
LE - aka John
New Manager, same result.

Getting ahead, then conceding a goal to drop yet another two points at home, & now over two whole months since a league victory.

After all, but one, of this weekends Championship games, Blues are still in the play off positions & the team from the boggy patch at the bottom of Aston Lower Grounds, who've spent around £50 million over the summer, are still in 20th, unable to even average a single point, or goal, per game.

With Cardiff & Derby already showing signs of revival under Neil Warnock & Roy Mclaren, it seems that there is no early relief in the annual struggle against relegation at the lower grounds.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
The midfiled is woefully weak. jedinak is slow, cant pass and cant tackle. We are making the mugs league look like the champions league

Could be in bottom 3 by Wednesday night!
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
The Good Mugabe
Meanwhile, at the leading club in the city, the long awaited, change of ownership is taking place, which will allow the club to operate as anormal business again, and allow a realistic budget for the football side of the club.

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/2016-17...e=Facebook
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Saw the game on Sky, not many Bruce type players in the Villa team on show. His hands are tied until the next transfer window, do not expect a drastic upturn in results. like Sunderland there seems to be a negative atmosphere at the club and will not be easy to turn around. Bruce is the man to do it but the owner has to be patient and be prepared to get his wallet out in January.
The midfield went missing in the second half. Grealish faded and though Tshibola's name was on the team sheet, I didn't see him on the pitch. Having to substitute two defenders left no options to strengthen, though.

Two weeks to fix things now or it's Bruce out!
(16-10-2016, 09:12 AM)parkfield bear Wrote: Saw the game on Sky, not many Bruce type players in the Villa team on show. His hands are tied until the next transfer window, do not expect a drastic upturn in results. like Sunderland there seems to be a negative atmosphere at the club and will not be easy to turn around. Bruce is the man to do it but the owner has to be patient and be prepared to get his wallet out in January.

He'll be a bit reluctant to splash too much cash as he spent 50 million in the summer. He needs to strengthen he midfield, I think we have decent forwards but the service is so poor.

Will Grealish face an FA charge for the stamp that the ref missed?
Very good news for the leading club in the city, the change of ownership has been completed, so the club can now move forward both on the field, but also as a business. The new owners should be congratulated, and thanked, for the way they have quietly and professional worked to assist the club during the long & complicated takeover process.

Don't expect to see £50 miliion spend on players, just a consistant upgrading of the squad when the time is right.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I think this 'era' will be interesting, as the new owners seem to be focused on optimising businesses, then selling them on. I'll be interested to see how and when they will invest.

At least there should be some stability, with a clearer view on who is pulling the strings.
Stable ownership, following sound business principles to stabilise and grow the business in a controlled manner has to be the best way of developing a sustainable, & successful, long term future.

There is a perfect example, at the lower grounds, of how not to use a new owners investment.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Blues solidify their position in the play-off race, despite conceding a couple of sloppy goals to Rotherham.

Looks like Villa might actually might have their second win of the season.
Well its a start.

(18-10-2016, 11:47 PM)Paul Wrote: Well its a start.

Just as long as it doesn't become a habit.  Smile
Winning just one game every ten weeks would be a good habit :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Good Mugabe's post:
philly