Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
Marcelino García Toral is the one i want. Not in a job at the moment and knows how to organise a defence.

(03-10-2016, 03:28 PM)Paul Wrote: Marcelino García Toral is the one i want.  Not in a job at the moment and knows how to organise a defence.

Swansea turned him down by all accounts fearing his lack of English was too big a problem.

Fancy Tony Pulis?
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Should never have sacked McLeish :-)
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Good Mugabe's post:
Leicester Exile
(03-10-2016, 03:58 PM)Lilly Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 03:28 PM)Paul Wrote: Marcelino García Toral is the one i want.  Not in a job at the moment and knows how to organise a defence.

Swansea turned him down by all accounts fearing his lack of English was too big a problem.

Fancy Tony Pulis?

Yes please

I did say this would happen in a post a couple of weeks ago, you should beleive the "wisdom of the Good Mugabe"

:-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Get another ex-Blues manager - Bruce is available.

Would any really good manager want to take on the job. Villa are now sacking managers at a faster rate thsan they did under Deadly Doug.
LE - aka John
Well, as expected, it's Big Sam

http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/bi...a-manager/

Sadly a 'spoof' article, but many a true word said in jest :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Good Mugabe's post:
Leicester Exile
You should not have disclosed it's a spoof - some just might have believed it!!!!
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
The Good Mugabe
I didn't bother watching the England v Malta game yesterday.... How did England play and how was Rooney?
England were better than of late. More movement amongst the front men, especially Lingard and Alli. Could have had more goals but for some very good saves from Malta's Surrey born keeper.

Rooney was very average. Wouldn't be in my first choice team any more.
Its Malta though!

Slovenia will be a slightly harder test.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Paul
Yes its hard to summon up any interest in England's qualification campaigns because we all know that qualification has never been the problem, well not since 94 when it was far harder to qualify, its the pathetic effort when when they get to finals and the fact that despite Rooney being part of that failure, every England manager is too scared to drop him.

I really think we should give up on the idea of an English manager because with the exceptiion of Eddie Howe theres no good ones around.

Surely that depends on how you define a 'good' manager?

There is a shortage of English managers who have been successful managing clubs in the premiership,& is liked by the London based national media, but that is very different from been a good manager.

I'd define a good manager as someone who, irrespective of the level of the club, gets the maximum performances possible from his players, within the constraints imposed by the clubs financial resources.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Yes Gary Rowett is doing a very good job at Birmingham on a small budget but that hardly qualifies him for the England job . I'm talking about top level managers who are modern thinking and play the modern way, the way we see Klopp and Pep play. The only English one that tries that is Eddie Howe.

Rowett also unproven at handling temperamental stars with big egos,something he won't experience until he manages a proper football club
For the record, I was speaking in non-specific general terms. The tasks involved in the managers role varies from club to club, & in many cases, for financial or other reasons managers may not be able to have their team play the way they'd ideally like.

Sometimes a pragmatic approach to the task at hand is required, especially when dealing with a small squad of players of limited ability, however, the good manager gets the maximum from the limited resources and improves the individuals, & the group.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Yes but I was specifically talking about English managers that are capable of managing the England team and you must admit we have never had a poorer crop to pick from.

Indeed, if Sam was the answer, you have to wonder about the capability and reasoning of those asking the question!
There are GOOD Mugabe's
So how long will this ex-Blues manager last ? Any bets ?
LE - aka John