Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
How many on here thought Sam Allardyce would lose his job before Dougie Brown ?!
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Warleybear
I am shocked, shocked, to discover that a football manager could be just a bit dodgy. Whatever next?
(27-09-2016, 08:00 PM)narsty simon Wrote: How many on here thought Sam Allardyce  would  lose  his job before  Dougie  Brown ?!

Or even before Di Matteo :)
LE - aka John
Another two points dropped by the club from the lower grounds, yet another month without a win.

Tonight's result leaves them just 2 points above the relegation places. a run of 9 games without a win.

At least Big Sam is available now :-)
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
If we hired that corrupt fat **** thats it for me. Yes it was never going to be easy to turn around Villa give the state we went down. Late goals continue to cost us. I dont blame the manager for that.. Its the players mentality.

I guess you don't fancy having Sam in charge at the Lower Grounds?

:-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
The 'winter of discontent' continues at the Lower Grounds, falling to a 2-0 defeat at Preston, & dropping to 19th in the Championship table. A mear 2 points above the relegation positions.

Meanwhile the Leading Club in the City won again.

With Just one win in the last 11 league games, Di Matteo must have one of the lowest winning percentages of all time.

Time for Big Sam?
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Looking on the silver-lining side of the cloud. Villa can be thankful that Blues beat one of their relegation rivals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes philly's post:
The Good Mugabe
An interesting afternoon, watching the Ryder cup (is this the only time that people support a European team?) while following the football scores.

On a serious note, will there be the fourth manager tis year in place at the Lower Grounds before the end of the month?

I'd expect the new owner is very concerned about the abysmal return he's had on his multi million pond investment so far.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
At least Simon will be happier - Villa look like taking the quick way of getting out of the mugs' league !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
The Good Mugabe
With all the many millions spent at the Lower grounds over the summer, it shows just how good a job Gary Rowett, his coaches and Players are doing at Blues on a budget of about 50p.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Good Mugabe's post:
Paul
Yes quite true, a very depressing state of affairs at Villa. Think if we had Messi, Suarez and Neymar playing for us we'd still struggle. Some very negative forces at the club. You must have passed that gypsy curse onto us.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Leicester Exile
Not guilty, This is all your own mess :-)

Seriously, League One next year is looking likely, and how much more will the owner want to spend having had almost £100 million wasted this summer.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
You can still get odds of 25/1 on Villa being relegated - quite generous in my opinion
LE - aka John
It might be worth a small investment :-)

Going over two months without a league win is not the form of a team that is likely to survive in any division.

(only win was August 13th, next game is October 15th)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(27-09-2016, 09:49 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: At least Big Sam is available now :-)

England must have had at least three managers since Villa last won away in the league? Perhaps I haven't noticed, but it seems like a very long time ago? :-o
[-] The following 2 users Like Warleybear's post:
Leicester Exile, The Good Mugabe
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016...s-weekend/

From the Telegraph today, a great story to brighten up a cold Monday morning.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Last year it was easy to see that the players were not of the required standard. This year there's bags of quality but it's not delivering. Hey ho, give a new manager a few weeks to settle in and I can foresee a change in fortunes round about October 30th.
Shame they've not kept him in for slightly longer to seriously curtail their promotion push.

If they bring in a decent manager they should still make the play offs.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Typical of a club in trouble - results not right, blame the manager rather than look to see if the reason is elsewhere.

Villa really do need to ask how many managers have "failed"
LE - aka John