Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
So it would appear. There's a lot of work to do over the summer but with Lerner out of the way there's a chance of getting on with it. There are some alarm bells: "Chinese investor", proposed manager the guy who scored the winning goal against us in the 2000 Cup Final. Still, something had to happen and this is at least something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Paul
Any relation to Carson Yeoung?
LE - aka John
I hope not

Interesting proposals, with far reaching effects for the game in England

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36335384

To be financially viable, at least, the bottom two divisions should be regional.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
With only 20 teams in each league increases Villas chances of further drops
LE - aka John
With Carson's mate in charge that may happen soon :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(19-05-2016, 10:09 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: With only 20 teams in each league increases Villas chances of further drops

By then we'll be back in the top division so wont matter

(19-05-2016, 11:24 PM)Paul Wrote:
(19-05-2016, 10:09 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: With only 20 teams in each league increases Villas chances of further drops

By then we'll be back in the top division so wont matter

MMmmmm
LE - aka John
Quote:"My ambition is to bring Villa to the top six in less than five years and I hope it can be [one of] the top three in the world - even the best well known in the world - in less than 10 years,"

Wink

It's interesting to note the similarities in rhetoric from the new Villa owner and CY's statements before he was arrested.
Similar comments have been made by many new owners, before they realised the task would require more time and money than they have access to.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I know FFP means you cant just throw money at it anyway

It seems comments comparing the possible new owner with Carson could be pretty accurate

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016...league-an/

Seriously though, if the new owners fail the "fit & proper persons' test, it leaves the club and business in a critical condition. I wonder how much the land at the lower grounds & Bodymoor Heath would raise if sold for housing.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Changing the name of the ground to Lotus Petal or something similar will be a challenge :-)
LE - aka John
I have seen the future. Birmingham Bears will play their home T20 games at the Lotus Petal stadium. Edgbaston will be taken over by weeds.
I thought Lotus flowers needed marshy waste ground to grow, so the boggy patch at the bottom of the lower grounds sounds ideal :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Interesting moves at Wolves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36929363
There are GOOD Mugabe's
And so the first game for Villa in the Mugs' league approaches. Lots of new, unknown names after the summer transfers but I get the feeling that the squad is more fit-for-purpose this year than it has been for a while. I don't expect us to bounce straight back up but nor do I think we'll struggle. Somewhere between 8th and 12th would be par, I think. Tough first game.
Having spent 12 million on a 30 year old striker i think expectations should be a bit higher than 8-12th. Minimum play-offs for me.

28-1 Villa get relegated. Could be a winner. :-)
LE - aka John