Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
Remember the saying - beggars can't be choosers. Who would want to take on that job with all the backroom problems there?
LE - aka John
I see the Birmingham Post are reporting that number one priority for the senior management at the allowed grounds right now is the redesign of the club badge!
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
(14-04-2016, 10:53 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Remember the saying - beggars can't be choosers. Who would want to take on that job with all the backroom problems there?

££££££££££££££££££££ Someone who is up for the challenge of taking a big city club with a regular 30k support even when they struggle back into the epl. You can say what you like about Villa but they have much bigger fan base than Birmingham City.

Just looked up the stats. Blues are averaging 17000 despite a good season, Villa are averages just shy of 35000 despite the worst season in their history. Massive difference between the cubs.

The only side in this great city with a proud tradition
(14-04-2016, 12:57 PM)Paul Wrote:
(14-04-2016, 10:53 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Remember the saying - beggars can't be choosers. Who would want to take on that job with all the backroom problems there?

££££££££££££££££££££ Someone who is up for the challenge of taking a big city club with a regular 30k support even when they struggle back into the epl. You can say what you like about Villa but they have much bigger fan base than Birmingham City.

Just looked up the stats. Blues are averaging 17000 despite a good season, Villa are averages just shy of 35000 despite the worst season in their history. Massive difference between the cubs.

Just shows where the mugs go to watch football.
LE - aka John
(14-04-2016, 03:15 PM)narsty simon Wrote: The only side in this great city with a proud tradition

The dictionary definition of tradition is - a long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting.

To me that means current Villa suporters are meekly following the long-established thinking of their fathers, grandfathers and most likely their great grandfathers.

When was Villa supporters last proud of their achievements?
LE - aka John
Well in my lifetime we have won a League title and European cup, all blues have to show is the league cup which we won about 6 times anyway so no big deal.

Yes I know Villa are going through a lean period but form is temporary class is permanent. We've been down to the mugs league back in 86 and came back up. And all these experts Villa will drop down to league 1 are the same ones that predicted Man City had no chance against PSG so who cares.

Really I don't know what to expect next season!

(14-04-2016, 04:16 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote:
(14-04-2016, 03:15 PM)narsty simon Wrote: The only side in this great city with a proud tradition

The dictionary definition of tradition is - a long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting.

To me that means current Villa suporters are meekly following the long-established thinking of their fathers, grandfathers and most likely their great grandfathers.

When was Villa supporters last proud of their achievements?

22nd September 2015
Nice replies Paul and Grizzly -almost makes me give up!!
LE - aka John
Amazing performance by Liverpool tonight, shows what's possible when the players give 100%
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Why can't we have a team like that in the 2nd city?
LE - aka John
It would be great, you've got a couple of teams like that in Leicester with LCFC & the Riders BBL team.

Both are well run & properly funded though.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(14-04-2016, 04:36 PM)Paul Wrote: Well in my lifetime we have won a League title and European cup, all blues have to show is the league cup which we won about 6 times anyway so no big deal.

Yes I know Villa are going through a lean period but form is temporary class is permanent. We've been down to the mugs league back in 86 and came back up. And all these experts Villa will drop down to league 1 are the same ones that predicted Man City had no chance against PSG so who cares.

Really I don't know what to expect next season!

You forfort the leyland daft trophy
(14-04-2016, 04:07 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote:
(14-04-2016, 12:57 PM)Paul Wrote:

Just shows where the mugs go to watch football.

Perhaps blues have18000'fans'like tall bearwho never attend the gsmes
At least the Bluenoses can spell :-)
LE - aka John
Does it matter whether TGM has attended  games this season. I'm sure like many of us he has attended many football matches over his life. i dont see the point of keeping bringing this up. Things can change for many reasons that stop people attending games.

I have attended many many games, including several seasons where I attended almost every home game, however commitments on time change over time.

Sometime I'll work out exactly how many venues I've seen live sport played at.

As I am either photographing sports at weekends, and umpiring cricket during the summer, together with other work and personal commitments, I've had very little chance to watch football live this season.

It's now 12:22am, I've just driven home from shooting a BBL game, including sending off images for my clients live coverage of the game, & now have about 300 images to download, sort, process and edit overnight for distribution to clients.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I found this very well produced short film on the BBC website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36062892

This is worth reading too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35999117
There are GOOD Mugabe's
As the Rolling Stones onces said "It's All Over Now"
LE - aka John
Or the rather good Genesis instrumental, "Los Endos"

It gets better http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36076936 King & Bernstein resign

I'm sure the supporters of these clubs all thought they'd get promoted first time too http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016...er-return/
There are GOOD Mugabe's