Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
The financial results for the year to May 2015 shows a loss of £27.3m for the holding company, Reform Aquisitions. For the perio to May 2014 the loss was £3.9m

Wages for the year were up to £83.7m from £69.3m

Gate receipts up £1m, but fall in broadcast revenues.

Sponsorship up to £10.9m from £9.3m

Commercial income down to 19.4m from £22m

Highest paid director £1.2m up from £256k

( as reported by the BBC)
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
For a moment I wasnt sure if the wages was for the month or year ;-) Worth every penny?
Newcastle have sacked McLaren
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35736581
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(10-03-2016, 12:06 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: The financial results for the year to May 2015 shows a loss of £27.3m for the holding company, Reform Aquisitions. For the perio to May 2014 the loss was £3.9m

Wages for the year were up to £83.7m from £69.3m

Gate receipts up £1m, but fall in broadcast revenues.

Sponsorship up to £10.9m from £9.3m

Commercial income down to 19.4m from £22m

Highest paid director £1.2m up from £256k

( as reported by the BBC)

There are times when the workings of the market economy just leave you speechless. Dreadful financials. Dire performance on the field. And the boss's salary quintuples.

Sometimes capitalism is its own worst enemy.
(11-03-2016, 12:54 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Newcastle have sacked McLaren
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35736581

Did he get a brolly as a leaving present? ;-)
Yeah, a cheap and nasty one from Sports direct!
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Horrible company

They have dreadful customer service, and treat the staff even worse.

The Guardian ran a series of good articles about conditions inside the Warehouse.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
An article on an interesting book, showing the value of football at a lower level to a community

http://www.scotsman.com/heritage/photogr...z42cI1BGK2

Not the premiership, but in many ways more valuable and important.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(11-03-2016, 06:57 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: They have dreadful customer service, and treat the staff even worse.

The Guardian ran a series of good articles about conditions inside the Warehouse.

Yes i have first hand how badly Mike Ashley treats his staff.

Play offs no longer in blues' hands,think they'll be a mug's league team forever
(13-03-2016, 04:23 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Play offs no longer in blues' hands,think they'll be a mug's league team forever

40 goals in 36 matches tells its own story. Not one Championship team i have seen this season has any prospect of survival in Premier League. Villa if they get an experienced manager will start warm favourites to come straight back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes parkfield bear's post:
narsty simon
Depends..... like a boxer who has taken one beating too many, it may take time for them to recover?
so the villa players couldn't take the pressure of a relegation fight, and failed miserably so can't see them handling the pressure of expectation to come back up again at the first attempt
Their results against.mug's league teams this season are mightily impressive
Though it pains me to say it, with a manager who knows nothing about Championship football and a midfield that don't seem to know the meaning of the words "press" or "tackle", I don't think Villa will do very well in the mug's league at all.
They'll be fine,nothing to beat
(13-03-2016, 08:06 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Though it pains me to say it, with a manager who knows nothing about Championship football and a midfield that don't seem to know the meaning of the words "press" or "tackle", I don't think Villa will do very well in the mug's league at all.

I will be amazed. well shocked if Garde is still at Villa next season. Like a little boy lost.

(13-03-2016, 09:42 PM)narsty simon Wrote: They'll be fine,nothing to beat

Not so sure Simon. Theres the two sides that will have finished above us for a start. The mugs league produced sides like Bournemouth and Watford and look at them go this season. I'm all for banter with the bluenoses but realism is Villa are in a bad place and unless changes are made throughout the club we wont be getting back to the premier league in a hurry. We were in a shocking state in 85/86 when we went down but we managed to get the turrnip, just kidding. Taylor was a strong manager who turned our club around.

The gaps between leagues is greater now than it was then