Warwickshire County Cricket Club Unofficial fans forum
Warwickshire v Hampshire - Printable Version

+- Warwickshire County Cricket Club Unofficial fans forum (http://www.bearsfans.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Warwickshire CCC (http://www.bearsfans.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Four Day Cricket (http://www.bearsfans.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Warwickshire v Hampshire (/showthread.php?tid=3940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Warwickshire v Hampshire - Bald Reynard - 24-09-2017

Preview - a couple of changes in the squad:-

https://warwickshireccc.com/news/preview-warwickshire-v-hampshire-specsavers-county-championship-2017/

OHD and Singh brought in.  Presumably they realised how much they missed Sunny in the Yorkshire game, when Jeets was running through their batsmen ?!  And OHD has been bowling well for the Seconds recently, so I guess he deserves one more chance in the Championship (First Division !) ?

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Northfieldbear - 24-09-2017

Is Keith Barker injured or rested?  

Whilst his batting has been excellent again this season, his bowling has lacked penetration. So is he rested to recharge his batteries?

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - rednalbear - 24-09-2017

After Hampshire not getting relegated last year because of Durham's money problems, i really hope we win, and Somerset beat Middlesex to send Hampshire down

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - GrizzlyBear - 24-09-2017

No doubt he is convivial company at parties but if we do select OHD to play any more red ball games I will think that the management (whoever they are) really have lost the plot. OHD has been good in limited overs games but has never looked like a Championship cricketer. We have Thornton, Panayi and Thomason who could all be part of our seam bowling future. OHD just isn't.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Terry - 24-09-2017

Hampshire's squad here:
https://www.ageasbowl.com/cricket/news/match-preview-warwickshire-vs-hampshire-specsavers-county-championship/

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Llanbranch - 24-09-2017

Keith Barker and Jeets have been the most consistent and committed performers this season so why not open with them. And perhaps the customary batting collapse doesn’t happen?

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Terry - 25-09-2017

Not looking good at Edgbaston with standing water on one of the used pitches at the edge of the square.  Bring back the Brumbrella!

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Exiled Bear - 25-09-2017

Gary Barwell tweeted this photo a few hours ago:

[attachment=367]

The ground staff are working hard now but there is a lot of mopping up and drying to be done. Maybe there could be some play late today but it doesn't look that good at the moment.

No play today.
Not that surprised - very wet early this morning and not good drying conditions.
I didn't need to get up early this morning and spend money on a hotel tonight. Never mind - better luck tomorrow.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Lilly - 25-09-2017

Was it Hampshire who prepared a draw only wicket to cost us the title a few years ago?

If so then in a sadistic sort of way, I wouldn't mind seeing this end a draw because of the weather to send them down.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - GrizzlyBear - 25-09-2017

Pretty tight first day elsewhere. Somerset seem to have produced one of their speciality Bunsen's and are set to take 20 points leaving them on 147. Middlesex would finish on 146. Yorkshire already have 148. Hampshire will therefore need a bonus point or two in addition to the points for a draw to stay up.

Odds favour Middlesex to go down - and all because of a points deduction for a slow over rate.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - exiledinkent - 25-09-2017

(25-09-2017, 05:55 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Pretty tight first day elsewhere. Somerset seem to have produced one of their speciality Bunsen's and are set to take 20 points leaving them on 147. Middlesex would finish on 146. Yorkshire already have 148. Hampshire will therefore need a bonus point or two in addition to the points for a draw to stay up.

Odds favour Middlesex to go down - and all because of a points deduction for a slow over rate.
A Somerset points deduction for an unsuitable pitch would change things.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Terry - 26-09-2017

(25-09-2017, 10:07 PM)exiledinkent Wrote:
(25-09-2017, 05:55 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Pretty tight first day elsewhere. Somerset seem to have produced one of their speciality Bunsen's and are set to take 20 points leaving them on 147. Middlesex would finish on 146. Yorkshire already have 148. Hampshire will therefore need a bonus point or two in addition to the points for a draw to stay up.

A Somerset points deduction for an unsuitable pitch would change things.

As George says in his report from Taunton, it would mean that for the second year running, relegation was decided in a committee room rather than on the pitch.
There is also talk of changing to a one-up, one-down system which would make return to Division One that much tougher.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Exiled Bear - 26-09-2017

1/2, including a run out. This is a stunning start, even by our low standards.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Lilly - 26-09-2017

5/3!

I am glad we are remaining so awful until the very end, hopefully it prompts change as opposed to us dressing up what has been an awful season by winning a couple of meaningless games.

Overhaul of the coaching staff please. Let's get ourselves right off the pitch first.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - exiledinkent - 26-09-2017

Why on earth Ian Bell wasn't asked to sit out these last few games I have no idea.
Still not to worry. There are always the post match comments to look forward to. Can I predict "Of course we are all disappointed but the boys are going to spend all winter improving their skills."

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - DaveC - 26-09-2017

(26-09-2017, 10:57 AM)exiledinkent Wrote: Why on earth Ian Bell wasn't asked to sit out these last few games I have no idea.
Still not to worry. There are always the post match comments to look forward to. Can I predict "Of course we are all disappointed but the boys are going to spend all winter improving their skills."

I was going to pop down tomorrow and Thursday but frankly can't face another humiliation.

If anyone thinks this side is going to stroll through D2 and be back at the top table within 12 months then dream on.

We're facing at least 2 years in the second tier IMO.

Echo both the previous posts - root and branch reform on the coaching side and fewer of the platitudes from the management side would be most welcome.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Exiled Bear - 26-09-2017

12/4, sigh.

RE: Warwickshire v Hampshire - Lilly - 26-09-2017

28/5 as Sibley watches on at the non strikers